996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Barrett-Jackson Live Now

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 03:19 PM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Barrett-Jackson Live Now

Friday coverage just started on speed and they are doing many hours over the next few days. Definate cool cars!

Old 01-21-2006, 04:07 PM
JASCLASS is infamous around these partsJASCLASS is infamous around these parts
Watching it now, 5-12.

Old 01-22-2006, 08:07 AM
CamNeelyphile is just really niceCamNeelyphile is just really niceCamNeelyphile is just really niceCamNeelyphile is just really nice
On Wednesday a 1985 930S factory slantnose with the RUF intercoolers went for $54,000. A 1958 356"A" Cabriolet went for $135,000.

Personally I have a thing for the 930S and was tempted to bid on the internet but wimped out.

Old 01-22-2006, 09:36 AM
TDarby is just really niceTDarby is just really niceTDarby is just really niceTDarby is just really nice
I am at BJ and the 930 was not that clean.

Old 01-22-2006, 09:48 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
I finally got my DVR, so we haven't missed a minute of it yet

Old 01-22-2006, 07:04 PM
Z0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant future
The Bonneville special is at 2.8Mil right now ...

Old 01-22-2006, 07:40 PM
Stephan has a spectacular aura aboutStephan has a spectacular aura aboutStephan has a spectacular aura about
Futurliner just sold for 4.1Million!!!!!!

Old 01-22-2006, 08:53 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
That 28 pickup hot rod that just sold for 175K is so far the best buy of the show. I've seen the car many times in person, it is one of the most detailed and stunning cars i've ever seen. And cost almost 1.5 million to build.

Un****ing believable

Old 01-23-2006, 02:01 PM
JASCLASS is infamous around these partsJASCLASS is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Stephan
Futurliner just sold for 4.1Million!!!!!!
The owner's thought it would bring $600k, they must be very happy.

Old 01-24-2006, 05:16 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
It seems that concept cars are ridiculous right now and anything even remotely related to the muscle-car era is too. I have to wonder in 20 years if all these muscle cars will become less valuable as the buying generation won't have grown up lusting after them. Right now the boomers are driving the crazyness. If i were you I'd start stocking up on all the late 70's to late 80's Camaro's, Birds, Stangs and Vette's you can find b/c these will likely be the next group of "lusted after" cars. Too bad this was from a low point in terms of smog-chocked cars with not so great performance. Anyone have a mint Grand National or Mustang SVO they want to sell me cheap?

Old 01-24-2006, 09:22 AM
drbill is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Red Devil
It seems that concept cars are ridiculous right now and anything even remotely related to the muscle-car era is too. I have to wonder in 20 years if all these muscle cars will become less valuable as the buying generation won't have grown up lusting after them. Right now the boomers are driving the crazyness. If i were you I'd start stocking up on all the late 70's to late 80's Camaro's, Birds, Stangs and Vette's you can find b/c these will likely be the next group of "lusted after" cars. Too bad this was from a low point in terms of smog-chocked cars with not so great performance. Anyone have a mint Grand National or Mustang SVO they want to sell me cheap?
Good time for you to start a classic car collection..you already have a vintage 2001 turbo.

Old 01-24-2006, 12:16 PM
Darn you, now I have to wait even longer for historic status b/c mine's an 02. If you didn't change your cars as often as your underwear, you might have better luck keeping track of these things.

Old 01-24-2006, 12:34 PM
drbill is infamous around these parts
Darn you, now I have to wait even longer for historic status b/c mine's an 02. If you didn't change your cars as often as your underwear, you might have better luck keeping track of these things.
Actually, I think I change my underwear less.....

Old 01-24-2006, 12:39 PM
Originally Posted by JASCLASS
The owner's thought it would bring $600k, they must be very happy.
definately, the owner of the F88 last year was hoping for 800K

Old 01-24-2006, 12:41 PM

the difference is, they didn't make the rare cars in the late 70's and 80's that they did back then.

But I can see GN's pulling in great money