996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Just joined the wing malfunction crew. Have a question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2017, 10:57 PM
Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rickjaffe
have a question:
I've had the light go on for a year, at least. If I manually put the wing up, the pull the microswitches will the wing just stay up? I've topped off the fluid and that's not the problem and both sides go up, albeit, one is alittle slower than the other. I'm happy with the wing in the up position, as long as it will stay up.
will it? or will the wing lower when I disconnect one or both micro switches?
If you unplug the motor with the wing up, it will stay there. (It is a screw mechanism that moves the wing - removing power will leave it where it is)

The problem is that these hydraulics are prone to leaking. Pressurizing the system will only speed up that process. The solution that replaces the rams by using screws will get past all of the hydraulic issues and leave you with a wing in the "up" position.

I replaced my hydraulics with a fixed wing and just unplugged the micro-switches - no warnings or errors.

Old 07-26-2017, 05:24 AM
DaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rickjaffe
have a question:
I've had the light go on for a year, at least. If I manually put the wing up, the pull the microswitches will the wing just stay up? I've topped off the fluid and that's not the problem and both sides go up, albeit, one is alittle slower than the other. I'm happy with the wing in the up position, as long as it will stay up.
will it? or will the wing lower when I disconnect one or both micro switches?
hard to figure how one side can be slower, unless there is air in that side. There are very strong springs pushing the wing back down, so leaving it up puts a very high amount of pressure on the entire hydraulic system, both sides. You can learn more HERE.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.