996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

car transport/multiple cars

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2017, 05:28 PM
rickjaffe is on a distinguished road
car transport/multiple cars

Hey guys: I've got to move my 996 turbo cab and 5 other cars from Northern California to Westport Ct. Any recommendations of a car transport company, maybe one that will give a volume discount? At least three I'll do open transport, maybe all. so far what I've gotten is 1350 to around 1450 depending on car size open transport, door to door. was looking for less because of number of cars.
any recommendations?

Old 07-25-2017, 09:43 PM
infinkc is a splendid one to beholdinfinkc is a splendid one to beholdinfinkc is a splendid one to beholdinfinkc is a splendid one to beholdinfinkc is a splendid one to beholdinfinkc is a splendid one to beholdinfinkc is a splendid one to beholdinfinkc is a splendid one to behold
1350 is cheap for all 6 cars, or is that just one?

You can leave some here and I will drive them around for ya.

Old 07-26-2017, 07:46 AM
hybridporky is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by rickjaffe
Hey guys: I've got to move my 996 turbo cab and 5 other cars from Northern California to Westport Ct. Any recommendations of a car transport company, maybe one that will give a volume discount? At least three I'll do open transport, maybe all. so far what I've gotten is 1350 to around 1450 depending on car size open transport, door to door. was looking for less because of number of cars.
any recommendations?
Is your price at $1450 each? Or all 5?

I am about to do the same with 3 cars, from Mass to San Diego. Haven't went about my search yet. But definitely a growing concern ...

Old 07-26-2017, 10:09 AM
Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !
You guys should get together for a quote - I bet a round-trip would be much cheaper than one-way.

Old 07-26-2017, 02:34 PM
rickjaffe is on a distinguished road
1350 for 6 cars, really?

that was for the three small calls, bigger ones were 1450 quote from house movers for the car movers they use, all american trucking and transport.

fyi: filled out some online for auto moving quotes for one car.
I've gotten calls from half dozen companies. Basically there are a bunch of "companies" meaning guys sitting at home who have access to small trucking companies or people with truck hauling rigs and the "Brokers" post the job, get responses and set it up. All knock everyone else and extoll their professionalism. all the truckers are supposedly bonded and carry a billion dollars in insurance, and they talk about 3 day window.
yelp has bad reviews and good reviews for all american and other companies.

first company that called me said on the small car arround 1050 to 1100, he was looking at the boards for similiar destination.
they don't tell you the carrier until right before.

the guy said I could get a discount on mulitple cars. maybe 10 percent.

one company would only take cash or money order upon delivery.

seems like sort of a scam.

I used DAS once a bunch of years ago, but they got bought out.

I've gotten 4 calls since I started writing this post. be careful what number you list if you go the posting route.

Old 07-26-2017, 08:18 PM
rickw30 has much to be proud ofrickw30 has much to be proud ofrickw30 has much to be proud ofrickw30 has much to be proud ofrickw30 has much to be proud ofrickw30 has much to be proud ofrickw30 has much to be proud ofrickw30 has much to be proud ofrickw30 has much to be proud ofrickw30 has much to be proud of
Try Exotic Car Transport in Winter Garden Florida. I have used these guys 1/2 dozen times and they are real professionals. Always had enclosed trailer, don't know if they have open. I have used other transporters and these guys were the best that i have used. Look them up on line and give them a call, who knows they may fit the bill.

Old 09-06-2017, 05:06 AM
MariaWalsh is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey, @rickw30
Have you ever tried We Will Transport It services?
One of my friend had recently transported his cars by using their open transport services, where their carriers are typically between 70 and 80 feet in length and carry 8 to 10 vehicles with two tiers one on top of the other and provide best open car transport services at an affordable price. I think you should consult with We Will Transport It professionals and look at more info about their open car transport service, where you will definitely find the best price for you.

Last edited by MariaWalsh; 09-06-2017 at 10:27 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.