996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Need help with where part goes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 10:14 AM
spooltime is a jewel in the roughspooltime is a jewel in the roughspooltime is a jewel in the roughspooltime is a jewel in the rough
Need help with where part goes

I finally got around to getting my front bumper cover refinished to repair cracks in the paint that existed when I bought my car over a year ago. I've got the cover back from the body shop and am working on re-assembling the various associated pieces of trim and fasteners prior to fitting it back onto the car. No doubt I am probably being too **** about the project by following the parts diagram and having ordered in the necessary protective films and some new fasteners. On the diagram, the first protective film, part #18 is easy and goes on the bottom lip of the fender in order to protect the paint while the front bumper cover is removed and installed.

It's part #22 that has me stumped. A picture of the actual part (protective film) is below as well as its orientation on the parts diagram. It has an adhesive backing, but I'll be darned if I can determine where to install these (two are called for). Any guidance greatly appreciated!

Last edited by spooltime; 09-24-2018 at 01:00 PM.
Old 09-16-2017, 05:15 PM
Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !
It looks like it makes sense... There are two slots in the film that seem to match the contour of the plastic in the light enclosure. Doesn't it look like that when looking at the actual car?

Old 09-16-2017, 07:58 PM
nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !
Just stick on the forward facing edge, fold the rest over and under

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.