996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Hesitation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2017, 01:58 AM
eyeain is on a distinguished road
Hesitation

My 2003 996tt with 20,000 miles after being stationary for 4 months now has issues.
starts dies down in few seconds and on 3rd 4th attempt will idle smoothly,any slow acceleration is fine but any blip on accelerator it gets choked and dies.
Took it for a spin same problem slow acceleration is fine but any attempt for quick acceleration car just bogs down
A week before put a porsche new fuel pump today codes were thrown 1126,1133,0102
I have a battery kill switch so when not in use its disconnected also ECU was flashed by kevin 2 years ago
Thank you in advance for any help

Old 10-20-2017, 08:47 AM
TAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond repute
I would try draining the gas first and putting some new, fresh gas and see if that does anything. Did you put the new fuel pump, BEFORE it sat for 4 months, or after you began having the hesitation issues AFTER the 4 months of sitting...?

Old 10-20-2017, 09:46 AM
Hesitation

thanks i put new pump few days ago hesitation is bit better but sudden acceleration is still a problem.
I had previous MAF which was taken off in working condition i tried that but still the problem persists.
is there a simple way of removing gas ? i plan to clean the air filter and change the fuel filter.could this be FPR? or vacuum leak?how do you check vacuum leak for beginner
thanks again

Old 10-20-2017, 10:51 AM
TAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond repute
I would definitely check the FPR. The hoses that attach to it are not attached pretty well and can become lose...especially if you have been messing around in that area. If the hoses leading to it, if a single one of them has come lose, it can cause hesitation for sure. It happened to me...

Old 10-20-2017, 02:00 PM
Thanks will check

Old 10-20-2017, 03:00 PM
'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !
Personally, I like the “bad gas†possibility. Particularly if the car has the same fuel that sat for months.

Old 10-21-2017, 03:11 AM
Thanks is there any simple way to drain the gas

Old 10-21-2017, 08:19 AM
Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !
My car behaved like that for the first 3 months I owned it. One day I accelerated from a stop and it hesitated - I was so fed up, I floored it to get past the hesitation and, finally, I got a code. Although one of mine was a miss-fire code, there were others and I don't remember if your list is the same, but I replaced the affected coil and everything was beautiful again. Since then, I replaced all of the coils with the BBI high-performance coils and haven't had a problem in 5 years. I have not replaced a coil since and have never had hesitation again. Just throwing it up there as a simple possibility...

Old 10-21-2017, 09:22 AM
Thank you guys i changed the gas put new still not a happy car.
its frustrating that its running so badly but not throwing a specific code.
next is coils and plugs which by the way were changed last year.i dont think i did more than 2000 miles since then
997 coils were used and Bosch plugs.

Old 10-21-2017, 11:03 PM
sorry for not having enough knowlege on fuel system are theses lines diffrent than lines on fuel pump because i put a new orignal pump few days ago

Old 10-22-2017, 04:46 AM
Many thanks now please help me how do i reach these lines/pumps.

Old 10-22-2017, 12:56 PM
Thanks again will try and report

Old 10-23-2017, 08:15 AM
Were you able to check the FPR? Everything was connected?
Also, if you have a Durametric, sometimes you will be able to see the soft codes and see what those indicate. Soft codes will not trigger the engine light unless they happen repeatedly.

Old 10-23-2017, 11:17 PM
uwrasta has much to be proud ofuwrasta has much to be proud ofuwrasta has much to be proud ofuwrasta has much to be proud ofuwrasta has much to be proud ofuwrasta has much to be proud ofuwrasta has much to be proud ofuwrasta has much to be proud ofuwrasta has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by eyeain
My 2003 996tt with 20,000 miles after being stationary for 4 months now has issues.
starts dies down in few seconds and on 3rd 4th attempt will idle smoothly,any slow acceleration is fine but any blip on accelerator it gets choked and dies.
Took it for a spin same problem slow acceleration is fine but any attempt for quick acceleration car just bogs down
A week before put a porsche new fuel pump today codes were thrown 1126,1133,0102
I have a battery kill switch so when not in use its disconnected also ECU was flashed by kevin 2 years ago
Thank you in advance for any help
same symptoms I had. I changed fuel filter and it went away. the gas in the filter was black. you can see some pics if you search my user name

Old 10-24-2017, 03:40 AM
thanks will change fuel filter plus check FPR

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.