6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   996 Turbo / GT2 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996-turbo-gt2-2/)
-   -   For you guy who like to race... (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996-turbo-gt2/41965-you-guy-who-like-race.html)

RennTechV12 02-06-2006 01:21 PM

For you guy who like to race...

We're having a "Day at the Drags" at our local track here in Phoenix on 3/11/06. We've got all kinds of exotics coming and cars coming all the way from Vegas, LA, San Diego, Utah and Northern Cal.
Click here for more details!

dgussin1 02-06-2006 01:51 PM

I am going to refer a couple of my buddies to this that live in PHX.

RennTechV12 02-06-2006 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by dgussin1
I am going to refer a couple of my buddies to this that live in PHX.

Great! should be a great time!!!!

VRAlexander 02-07-2006 02:34 AM

Sounds like a blast, I will try to get a group from Vegas to come and I will bring the Protomotive 996tt..Also If you are around on the 3rd, I am going to be filming (contending) Speed Channel's "Pinks" (for another show) if you wanted to come down, I could get you a couple of passes.

RennTechV12 02-07-2006 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by VRAlexander
Sounds like a blast, I will try to get a group from Vegas to come and I will bring the Protomotive 996tt..Also If you are around on the 3rd, I am going to be filming (contending) Speed Channel's "Pinks" (for another show) if you wanted to come down, I could get you a couple of passes.

Look forward to having you guys on the 11th!! I've heard about the Protomotive car, I can't wait to see it run in person. The track that we're going to "Speedworld" has seen many people run record times because of the superior track prep. There are many 6 and 7 second drag cars that run there.

Would love to come on the 3rd. Let me know the details!

Cordonaviation 02-07-2006 11:12 AM

VR im in Vegas, let me know if your gonna go down, im takin the Turbo down on the 28th of this month to Evo for the Stage 2 upgrade so id love to get some passes down the strip.

RennTechV12 02-08-2006 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Cordonaviation
VR im in Vegas, let me know if your gonna go down, im takin the Turbo down on the 28th of this month to Evo for the Stage 2 upgrade so id love to get some passes down the strip.

You should make it out to run with us.

Trust me, you won't be sorry!!!

cynicali 02-08-2006 06:25 PM

Wow! I just saw that show for the first time this weekend. Do you know who you are racing?

VRAlexander 02-10-2006 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by cynicali
Wow! I just saw that show for the first time this weekend. Do you know who you are racing?

Yes, I do!! This is my second time on Pinks, the first show will air in March. This is a 'winners shootout' that they are filming on March 3rd.

Cordonaviation-
PM me your number, maybe you could join us for the drive..

dgussin1 02-10-2006 01:13 PM

One of my cobra buddies is gonna roll down...he has run a best of 11.0 @ 131 on 19psi of boost (S/C) so far...he thinks it'll go much quicker at this event.

RennTechV12 02-10-2006 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by dgussin1
One of my cobra buddies is gonna roll down...he has run a best of 11.0 @ 131 on 19psi of boost (S/C) so far...he thinks it'll go much quicker at this event.

Great! I bet he does go quicker. At this event, traction will not be a limiting factor.

dgussin1 02-10-2006 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by RennTechV12
Great! I bet he does go quicker. At this event, traction will not be a limiting factor.

yep...events always get great prep! A little birdie told me he might have a lil' spray to throw on the car too...

vincentdds 02-10-2006 06:51 PM

Will this be day or night event. How far is the track from PHX.

RennTechV12 02-10-2006 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by vincentdds
Will this be day or night event. How far is the track from PHX.

Day. 9am - 4pm

Click here for details and directions

vincentdds 02-10-2006 07:12 PM

Party at your place afterward??