996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

TT vs 370 hp Evo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 10:24 AM
kiko is infamous around these parts
TT vs 370 hp Evo

This friend want to race me from a rolling start in his 350/370 bhp Evo, is he gonna leave me way behind? I got an European 420bhp 2001 Turbo with an Europipe...

Whats my favourable starting speed? I guess for the TT the higher the possible...

Old 02-17-2006, 10:26 AM
Kinesis 996 is infamous around these parts
Is that 370 hp at the wheels or flywheel?

Old 02-17-2006, 10:27 AM
P1 911
Kevin D is a glorious beacon of lightKevin D is a glorious beacon of lightKevin D is a glorious beacon of lightKevin D is a glorious beacon of lightKevin D is a glorious beacon of lightKevin D is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by kiko
This friend want to race me from a rolling start in his 350/370 bhp Evo, is he gonna leave me way behind? I got an European 420bhp 2001 Turbo with an Europipe...

Whats my favourable starting speed? I guess for the TT the higher the possible...
Are you kidding me ? A 350-370HP Evo lancer will be waste in your rear view mirror. If he was smart he'd try and race you from a dig so maybe he'd have half a chance...to do a highway roll-on with a more powerful top end oriented 911 TT is dumb on HIS part...good luck

--Kevin

Old 02-17-2006, 10:28 AM
hesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nice

is that wheel or crank HP?

in either case you should be fine. the evo will do well in the lower gears, but the evo really runs out of puff in the higher gears. but i've raced a friend's 400 wheel HP evo, and it was pretty much dead even. we ran out of road because it was only a short stretch, but we both felt that once he shifted into 5th, the porsche would start to pull away.

Old 02-17-2006, 10:28 AM
P1 911
Kevin D is a glorious beacon of lightKevin D is a glorious beacon of lightKevin D is a glorious beacon of lightKevin D is a glorious beacon of lightKevin D is a glorious beacon of lightKevin D is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Kinesis 996
Is that 370 hp at the wheels or flywheel?
good question...

Old 02-17-2006, 10:34 AM
Kinesis 996 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Kevin D
good question...
Hehe thx

But seriously though, i think my STi have aprox 350-360 hp at the fly wheel. I raced my dad's stock 996 TT in a straight line from a rolling start. Humm we raced starting in 2nd gear if i remember correctly. At first i was able to keep up until i hit 4th thats when he started to pull like a mad old man!! Well he pulled by the end of 3rd so 4th he should pull even further. But we didn't have enough road so we end it early.

There you can see how the comparison should be like. STi and Evo (given the same amount of hp around 3xx) should be aprox the same.

Good luck and don't get caught. If you do is ok, cuz u drive a TT and let the police know WHOSE UR DADDY lol.

Old 02-17-2006, 10:52 AM
kiko is infamous around these parts
370 hp at the flywheel... but I've seen a video where he gave bus 2 or 3 lengths to a RS4 (de-catted - 400bhp)...

Thats why I think will be even... I just hope he doesn't kick my butt... LOL this would be VERY embarrasing!

My TT is very healthy with a new MAF and doing 0.8bar on K16's and OEM ECU(...thanks to the Europipe) and I DID feel the power increase.

Last edited by kiko; 02-17-2006 at 10:55 AM.
Old 02-17-2006, 10:57 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
it'll be an interesting race, you should pull away once you guys hit 100

Old 02-17-2006, 11:02 AM
P1 911
A properly running and driven 996 TT with a europipe should easily pull a 370 flywheel hp EVO on the highway...you shouldn't have a problem, especially after 100mph* like hotrodguy mentioned.

---Kevin

Old 02-17-2006, 12:22 PM
MetalSolid is infamous around these parts
This friend want to race me from a rolling start in his 350/370 bhp Evo, is he gonna leave me way behind?
Yes!

370bhp at the wheels, that's more power than a FQ400 - you're done.

Old 02-17-2006, 01:00 PM
hesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nice
Originally Posted by MetalSolid
Yes!

370bhp at the wheels, that's more power than a FQ400 - you're done.
not true. its down to gearing and time under the curve.

my evo has over 300 hp at the wheels, and while it has identical acceleration thru the first 3 gears, my turbo (all stock) pulls harder once you hit 4th. (if anyone cars to see them, i have datron GPS tracings that clearly show this).

and my friend had a 400 hp evo that i raced. we were dead even. again, once we got to higher speeds, the turbo seemed to start to pull. though the road was too short, so it was never proven totally conclusively.

Old 02-17-2006, 01:18 PM
Joe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by hesperus
not true. its down to gearing and time under the curve.

my evo has over 300 hp at the wheels, and while it has identical acceleration thru the first 3 gears, my turbo (all stock) pulls harder once you hit 4th. (if anyone cars to see them, i have datron GPS tracings that clearly show this).

and my friend had a 400 hp evo that i raced. we were dead even. again, once we got to higher speeds, the turbo seemed to start to pull. though the road was too short, so it was never proven totally conclusively.
Yes, I'd like to see the traces. Just working from naive physics, I
would think it impossible for a car to ever accelerate harder in
a higher gear, which necessarily by definition reduces the torque
to the wheels compared to a lower gear. Even if the motor allowed
higher boost in the higher gear, and even if the faster air cooled the
intercooler better, the motor would have to produce 20% more
power (or whatever) to overcome the gearing deficit, and more yet
to overcome the higher air resistence.
I would have guessed that the relative aerodynamicly slippery
design of the 996tt would be the deciding factor in pulling away
from a car that was staying with it for the first few gears...
Joe Weinstein

Old 02-17-2006, 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by Joe Weinstein
Yes, I'd like to see the traces. Just working from naive physics, I
would think it impossible for a car to ever accelerate harder in
a higher gear, which necessarily by definition reduces the torque
to the wheels compared to a lower gear.
Joe Weinstein
ok, lemme dig them up. they were taken from some trackdays, mainly along the main straight. not from a dig, but from similar corner entry speeds.

also, these traces are from my 300+ whp Evo, and my stock 996TT.

Old 02-17-2006, 01:30 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
give it a try & let us know.

Old 02-17-2006, 01:55 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
he probably does not have a stock evo....
heres my stock evo
http://djmarkski.com/backfiree.avi

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TT vs 370 hp Evo