996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

those who purchased new TT's recently - what discount did you get?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2003, 10:13 PM
Banned for Eternity
teutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond repute
those who purchased new TT's recently - what discount did you get?

I'm now shopping both new and used, as it seems there are some deep discounts being tossed around.

The two used TT's I'm considering most strongly now are (both 6-speed):

1) 2003 midnight blue (my favorite exterior color), gray interior, leather steering wheel, Porsche crests in seats, wheel center caps, heated seats, CD changer (pretty bare bones), 1600 miles.

2) 2002 arctic silver (was my favorite color before I saw and grew into midnight blue), black interior, X50 (!!), aerokit, carbon fiber wheel and shifter, small arctic silver package (guess it's like small aluminum look - anyone have a photo?), red belts, Porsche crest in seats, 2000 miles.

I should be able to get either for around the same price, but with the deep discounts on new, even though these are 'almost new' to be sure, I wonder if I should chase a new one for the extra warranty if they go for around the same price.

Thoughts on these two or examples of discounts on your new TT's??

Old 12-11-2003, 10:16 PM
Banned
Chordate is infamous around these parts
I purchased my '03 TT about two months ago. It was brand new, MSRP of 124, and I got 12 grand off. This seemed like a good deal to me, so I got it.

Old 12-11-2003, 10:44 PM
msindi is infamous around these parts
You will not be able to get great discounts on 04s as there are only 184 to be built for the US!!
If the above cars are the sane price then the 02 seems like a better deal as its got a lotmore options (aero kit and X50 alone cost 36K new!!)
Check my sig and you will fall in love with silver aero I hope

Old 12-11-2003, 11:13 PM
Banned for Eternity
teutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by msindi
You will not be able to get great discounts on 04s as there are only 184 to be built for the US!!
If the above cars are the sane price then the 02 seems like a better deal as its got a lotmore options (aero kit and X50 alone cost 36K new!!)
Check my sig and you will fall in love with silver aero I hope
Oh trust me, msindi, I've spent plenty of time on your homepage, as yours is almost identical to that '02 - instead of large aluminum package, though, it's a combination of carbon and aluminum, but even has the red belts...

The silver one would be my first choice if I didn't have a seal grey Boxster S and my wife have a sliver A6 Avant - sort of sick of monochrome, you know???

It is more tempting, however, because X50 means when I get the Upsolute upgrade, I'm at something crazy like 545hp! Plus I do love the carbon wheel and shifter...ugh...if only it came in the midnight blue exterior!

By 'new' I was referring to new '03's actually - I'm sure I'd have a hard time even finding an '04

Old 12-11-2003, 11:24 PM
Nothing wrong with monochromatic...My dads garage at one point was ALL silver or dark grey cars...Silver actually stays cleaner, doesn't show scratches etc...
My friend had an 00 C4 cab in midnight with Savannah and man did that thing show scratches!!

Old 12-11-2003, 11:31 PM
Banned for Eternity
I absolutely FEAR black cars, and would never buy one, just because of scratches. I thought the midnight blue was blue enough to hide scratches (it's swirl marks from washing/waxing that I'm most concerned about - I can't stand swirl marks) but from what you say it is not...

Or are you just trying to convince me to get a car that is yours' twin??

Seriously - what do you think is a fair price for that car? The warranty will expire probably mid '06, so I don't have as much time as I do with the midnight blue...

What attracts me to used tt's with X50 is that the seller can't expect to get hardly anything for the X50 package - maybe a couple grand premium over a regular tt. (no offense meant to you, msindi, as I am giddy in excitement over what that X50 package must be like...)

Old 12-11-2003, 11:43 PM
Yeah I know - had I been part of this forum or Rennlist before i ordered my car new and knew I was gonna change everything I would have saved the 18K for the X50 and spent it elsewhere...Too late now! For a used car however, the X50 makes sense as you are getting it for free
The aerokit on the other hand I just totally LOVE

Old 12-11-2003, 11:46 PM
Banned for Eternity
yeah, new - not so smart, particularly when there are so many great opportunities out there for tuning. However, the X50 owners have the advantage of being 'pre-tuned' before they get tuned yet again!

Anyway - prices? Anyone?

Old 12-11-2003, 11:51 PM
Banned
Chordate is infamous around these parts
Wholesale for the 2002 (with aero kit, but not with X50, carbon, and aluminum) with 2k miles is 93.5 grand. I would say (because you need to add X50 and so on) that anything between 95 and 100 grand would be a good deal, but it is unlikely that you will get that price.

Old 12-11-2003, 11:52 PM
110-115?? What was MSRP?? Im guessing something like low 150s?

Old 12-11-2003, 11:57 PM
Banned for Eternity
MSRP must have been around 150k - good thing (for me) is that it's an '02, and a few weeks from now, it's gonna be '04, and it just sounds much older then. We'll see how well I can do with price, and I appreciate both your input.

Now I'm leaning back toward silver - gotta get the windows tinted, though - that's mean lookin on silver.

msindi - why did you get GIAC instead of Upsolute, by the way? I'm thinking about Upsolute, IF they can do X50's. There's no info on their site about X50's, so maybe because it is already tuned, they can't do much more - who knows.

Old 12-12-2003, 12:04 AM
ACTUALLY - I did give Upsolute a shot but there was way too much lag!!
Not sure if it was a bad installer or the wrong program but it was a real bad experience....They never even refunded me my money even though they state they have a money back guarantee...Oh well, you learn from your mistakes.
Also, first mod you need a\is a B&M short shifter - you can get them on ebay for as little as $200 (part # 45135)
TonyNJ on this board too did Upsolute first then switched to GIAC

Old 12-12-2003, 12:08 AM
Banned for Eternity
isn't GIAC stage 1 something like $2500? A far cry from Upsolute, but I guess if Upsolute doesn't work well on the X50, why get it?

Another question - the aero kit has an ultralight hood cover - really how much weight savings is there? 2 lbs?

Old 12-12-2003, 12:16 AM
by hood do you mean front or rear
I am assuming you are referring to the decklid and although no one has documented what the weight difference between that and regular spoiler there HAS to be a weight saving thanx to the elimination of the motor used to move the wing up

Old 12-12-2003, 12:20 AM
Banned for Eternity
yeah, I'm guessing rear, as it says 'engine cover'.

How much was the GIAC? I see on GIAC's site there is an 80hp gain, but no pricing there...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: those who purchased new TT's recently - what discount did you get?