996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

IForged: Comparable quality to HRE and Kinesis?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 10:05 AM
BCS996TT is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 95RogueM3
To echo Josh, HRE and Iforged arent in the same ballpark quality-wise as Kinesis, Fikse, and BBS.
I've had Iforged and will never get them again... the quality/finish was crap since day 1 (imperfections in the finish, very soft lip, etc).

Kinesis, Fikse and BBS wheels are the best around.

Old 04-29-2006, 10:17 AM
95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by BCS996TT
I've had Iforged and will never get them again... the quality/finish was crap since day 1 (imperfections in the finish, very soft lip, etc).
I have a friend who had IForged wheels on his BMW 330 only to find them leaking air from between the lip and one of the spokes. Vince at Iforged didnt believe him at first, until we took a video of us spraying water on the wheel and watching it bubble as air escaped.

The customer service seemed decent, though they made him pay the return shipping to send back his faulty rim. He got a new one and sold the set the next day vowing now to purchase them ever again.

Old 04-29-2006, 10:40 AM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
Nobody has the technology and build quality of BBS. OZ is a very close second.

Nobody else even comes close - that's why the racing heritage is also there.

I would stick to buying wheels that are made by the company marketing them, especially forged wheels. Otherwise quality control can go out the window.

How often do you hear of people here complaining of a bad BBS or OZ wheel? Rarely.

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 04-29-2006, 01:04 PM
Don Relentless is infamous around these parts
i have a few different sets from Iforged wheels and have had no problems that i haven't had with most every other wheel company. most domestically made wheel companys have a weaker QC's and lower tolerances, so bascially any thing US made isn't as good as japan or europe. what ever happened to Epsilon, now that was great quality wheels.

Old 04-29-2006, 01:08 PM
02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute
from what i know europena wheels have to pass the german TUV approval which is one of the most stringent approval process of them all

japanese wheels have to pass a via/jia approval process(middle)

U.s. wheels need to pass d.o.t. or soem arent even d.o.t. approved (weakest approval process)

Old 04-29-2006, 01:09 PM
JohnnyBeatles is infamous around these parts
I've been told Champions are a great wheel as well. Look wheels are subjective. Alot of guys on this site are VERY performance leaning...although there are some bling guys as well. I only drive my car on weekends, no rain, no track....I want to look good baby..LOL You have alot of choices. If you like the IForged go for it. I did....
I kept my stock wheels though, so when I get my GT600 done, I'll have a track wheel if ever I need it.
Good Luck..
JB

Old 04-29-2006, 03:26 PM
rocman is infamous around these parts
I have had 5 sets of HRE's and 2 sets of I-Forged, and my personal opinion is that they are the same quality. I had no issues with either brand, except for the occasional wheel bend that you get with these types of wheels.
Esthetically, they are both great. I have yet to find a Fiske or BBS wheels I like better (design wise).
That being said, I would NEVER track a car with these wheels. They are not meant for that. The main purpose for these wheels is BLING, that's it.
If you like some of the designs of Fiske, BBS, OZ, etc, and plan on tracking the car, then those would obviously be the better choice.
You can always get a set for show and a set for go.

Old 04-29-2006, 03:38 PM
JR.
Banned
JR. is infamous around these parts
i highly recommend Fikse wheels.. i had them on my 996 TT and used them for street and track days.. they are extremely well made.. i bought them from a Porsche race shop.. http://www.perfectpowerinc.com/ .. Sol gave me the best price around and he is meticulous..
considering that they won daytona this year and how many teams ran them, there really is no other choice.. http://www.fikse.com/ , especially, if safety is a concern..

Old 04-29-2006, 03:42 PM
habitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nice
I've had HRE and love the design but hated the quality..Pay all that money for them to go to hell really quick!

I now have iforged with a chrome lip and ABSOLUTELY love them!!!
Very easy to keep clean..Plus look amazing!

You can't go wrong with BBS's...

Attached Images  
Old 04-29-2006, 05:33 PM
MTL996TTFuN is infamous around these parts
Arrow Cargraphic wheels??

Originally Posted by rocman
I have had 5 sets of HRE's and 2 sets of I-Forged, and my personal opinion is that they are the same quality. I had no issues with either brand, except for the occasional wheel bend that you get with these types of wheels.
Esthetically, they are both great. I have yet to find a Fiske or BBS wheels I like better (design wise).
That being said, I would NEVER track a car with these wheels. They are not meant for that. The main purpose for these wheels is BLING, that's it.
If you like some of the designs of Fiske, BBS, OZ, etc, and plan on tracking the car, then those would obviously be the better choice.
You can always get a set for show and a set for go.
What about Cargraphic wheels?? Are they a good choice for day driving or track

Old 04-29-2006, 05:39 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
I've use iforged wheels before, there were well built but not mean for track, they really for bling with fat polish lips. I've cargraphic now, there were good quarity wheels but abit heavy for track.

Old 04-29-2006, 08:00 PM
Johnfromjersey is infamous around these parts
ive had numerous sets of Iforged wheels. great quality. id say better than HRE IMHO for reasons such as lip(as kerry also mentioned) and finish seems to wear better and HRE have experienced reported cracking and even blacklisted from some racing sanctions. Kinesis make excellent quality as well.
BBS are a little different since they are not custom wheels. You buy their predertimined offest/lip size/ width/ finish/ etc. BBS are indeed the best forged manufactured rim you can buy, but they need some new/current wheel designs and should offer custom sizes. So it all comes down to taste and what you are looking for in a rim. Good luck!