996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

996 / 996TT Footwell lighting option

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 04:07 PM
Joe West is on a distinguished road
996 / 996TT Footwell lighting option

Hi Gang,

I am considering adding the footwell lighting option to my 996TT, I've ordered the lights, mounting brackets, and switches... but I can't seem to find any pictures of the lights installed in the service manuals from Porsche.

If there is anyone who happens to have this factory option installed who would be willing/able to point a digital camera at their factory footwell lights in both the driver and passenger areas, take a few pictures of each that show the location of the lights and how the brackets are connected, I would be eternally greatful.

Also (and this should be an easy answer) could someone with this option installed tell me if there is one or two switches that controll the footwell lighting and if there is one switch, which switch location is it in the center console (I have blanks for two switches, side by side just behind the ash tray in my center console... I'm relatively certain that the footwell lighting switch goes in one of these two switch locations (or in both locations in the case of two switches)).

Thanks in advance... I know this is a great deal to ask... and if I could find the install in the factory service manuals; I wouldn't impose on your time.

Kind Regards,

Joe West

Old 01-04-2012, 02:50 AM
H8T WP will become famous soon enough
very old thread ! very good question.

Any one retrofitted footwell lights or perhaps now i guess you could buy some white LED / NEON tubes to do the job

Old 01-04-2012, 09:32 AM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
The two blank switch locations behind the ash tray are for the rear windows on a Cabriolet. Know that some people do use these blanks for other things.

John in Vancouver

Old 01-04-2012, 09:40 AM
ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !
Here's a picture of the lights

Sorry, it's not my car so I can't get any better pictures

Old 06-15-2014, 02:29 PM
evil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud of
Anyone have the part numbers for this footwell lighting bracket option? I have the option but the OEM brackets are missing as someone converted my car to a GT3 console and I'm converting back to original.