996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

GT 700 vs. DA M5 **VIDEO**

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 12:01 PM
phillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
You said you were on your "pump gas" program during the race, and you also started out of boost in 3rd. Knowing that, I seriously doubt he would run high 10's. But his car is *very quick*....that's for damn sure.

P.S. - What other GT700's have run 10's other than Joetwint (10.8) and cgmeredithjr (10.9)?
Thanks Buddy...
But there is no way I would get in the 10's.... I would have to have the sickest 60'.. and this 4200 lbs car aint doin that. The simple fact is.. she's a highway moster... and thats how i'll keep her. It's probably close to 130 in the traps. But 1st and second are some short *** gears... thats why on the 2nd race i kept it in 3rd... I would have wasted more time trying to keep it straight... and shifting to keep up at all.
Buddy's porsche sure did make me miss mine though.

Old 08-01-2006, 02:27 PM
TKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really nice
If I recall the "other one" has broken down several times and is being returned to the states...So basically there is only one running!

Old 08-01-2006, 02:29 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Did you end up cruising downtown the other night? How late did you hang out?

Old 08-01-2006, 03:30 PM
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
nice. one of the sicket e39's out there.

Old 08-01-2006, 03:31 PM
phillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by TKDalumni
If I recall the "other one" has broken down several times and is being returned to the states...So basically there is only one running!
The other one was on an island near Saudi Arabia... the temps there were just too hot for his car..over 110 f everyday. Also.. I guess the people who would work on his car really didn't know what they were working on.. so to speak. It actually is in Sacto right now... its running awesome. His should be faster. He has the original 14psi set up. He also has 3.15 gears.. mine has 3.64. It is for sale... so is his Cayenne Gamballa 750. Too bad that one isn't U.S. legal.

Old 08-01-2006, 03:34 PM
Originally Posted by buddyg
Did you end up cruising downtown the other night? How late did you hang out?
Yeah.. We went downtown. It was cool. A few guys ran each other later too. Watching 10 sec. muscle cars run 1/4's is sick. They can hole shot on the street crazy! I was out till 2. What did you think of our crew? It pretty nuts seeing guys with wheelie bars and shoots driving down the street huh?

I'll call you the next time I know the 7 and 8 second cars are going to run... they pop the shoots on the street.

Old 08-01-2006, 04:15 PM
cynicali will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by phillym5
they pop the shoots on the street.
Sir, do you know how fast you were going?

Well Officer, I usually hit the shoot at 160, why?

Old 08-01-2006, 09:53 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by phillym5
The other one was on an island near Saudi Arabia... the temps there were just too hot for his car..over 110 f everyday. .
I'm on that same island right now. It's called Bahrain. And ya....it's f'ing hot out here.

Old 08-01-2006, 09:56 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
I'm on that same island right now. It's called Bahrain. And ya....it's f'ing hot out here.
what are you doing there? crazy part of the world to be in these days...

Old 08-01-2006, 09:58 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by deputydog95
what are you doing there? crazy part of the world to be in these days...
I'm a Military Officer. I'm out here for a year. Only 8 months to go.

Old 08-01-2006, 10:10 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Wow!!I could make some money in NY with that M5.Very low key.Very impressive Philly M5!!

Old 08-01-2006, 10:36 PM
cynicali will become famous soon enough
god that was a fantastic vid. the hair on my arm stood up. damn.

Old 08-02-2006, 07:12 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
I actually don't think any of the fastest Mercs out there (modded E55's, CL65's, etc..) would hang with this M5. The fastest Merc sedan I've seen to date was a fully-modded E55 with NOS that trapped 131.
There's a new kid in town: http://www.brabus.com/homee.htm
Look under "News" and then "Rocket"
If they don't show the price I'll give a hint: It's exactly the same as MSRP on a Carrera GT

Philly, nice work on the M5. I remember you from the early M5 days with me being one of the "grandfathers" of the M5 board and a member of the "famous in our own minds" LI Posse original members: DrJimM5, Sean, BlueMax, FamilyM5, Rakesh, Robert P. etc. Ah, the good old days! If I remember right you had a relative in my neck of the woods by my office in East Meadow. Yes?

Old 08-02-2006, 02:53 PM
Originally Posted by 01TT
Sweet runs! Hey phillym5, how often are you in Philly with your Bimmer? I'd like to give your M5 a whirl with my S4 on Front St. Haha, just kidding, I know you said you're only into highway racing with that car. I'd be down for that.

My last race on Front St in Philly (cut short by my friend unfortunately):

S4 vs 67 Camaro
That was cut REAL short.
When I go back to Philly I usually come down to Front st, 61st, or Halstead... but im in a friends car most of the time. It seems like the thugs and there civics have kind of moved in. Not so many muscle cars down there anymore. They all race up North now...

Old 08-02-2006, 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by 01TT
Yeah, I'd never take an M5 like yours down there either. That's just asking for all sorts of trouble. With my S4, there isn't much to steal or 'jack considering it's already pretty well gutted out.

When you say they race north of there now, are you referring to the Franklin Hills Mall Area?

What's the street racing scene like in MI these days? My friends and I have been wanting to take a trip somewhere to check out another part of the country's street racing scene. From what I've been hearing, Michigan is pretty good? Still lots of domestics I'm sure, right?

BTW, here are a few more of my S4 videos:

http://www.titsup.mike1023.com/video/s4/
Here there aren't 700 cars at the spot like Philly.... But the cars here are pretty serious. Yeah.. lots of domestics... and DSM's.

Also.. yeah Franklin Mills and/ or Roosevelt Blvd. Its way more legit now. Meets in a parking lot.. then a few cars go out and settle the deal. It doesn't attract as much attention.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT 700 vs. DA M5 **VIDEO**