996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

6speedonline's official 60-130, 1/4 Mile, and Standing Mile list

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 07-29-2010, 06:57 PM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by VividRacingTX
we average about $750/month
$750/month is nutz. We have been unusually warm up here in Minny and ours was $450 on the last bill. We turned the waterfall pump off this month to see if that makes a difference next month.

Old 07-29-2010, 07:09 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
My parents electricity bill was stupid... My dad had fought to get the best kw/h... Until we moved out they had 3 A/C units, computers, etc. all running... I think since we've moved it's gone down quiet a bit because they only have to run 1 unit a night (their side of the house). It was over 4 digits every month in the summer basically... I was like fck that! LOL!

Old 07-29-2010, 07:48 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by VividRacingTX
we average about $750/month
How many sq feet are you cooling for that? It seems like alot even for Texas...
Mine has been about 250-350.

Old 07-29-2010, 08:01 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
I keep saying we, I mean Lil Powell and myself. They "kicked us out" at the same time basically LOL! His bill is like $150 and mine is $350... He has 2 A/C units and I have 1. Both houses are 2 stories, but his is about 400-500 more sq ft than mine. My parents house is about 6800sq ft. if I remember correctly. The house has been built out in areas from when it was originally constructed. Hince the incredibly high electricity bills!

Old 07-30-2010, 01:13 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Programmable thermostats have saved me about $100/month. Not a bad investment.

Old 07-30-2010, 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by bmoores
Programmable thermostats have saved me about $100/month. Not a bad investment.
Mine is setup as of now to be 75 during the day and 71 at night. I originally had it at 78 during the day and 71 at night but my buddy who's parents own a A/C repair/install place where he works also said it's actually going to cost more to do that. We are moving my Thermostat though because it's in between the front door and garage so it's always warm there. In the den it should help out a bunch. It gets FREEZING at night in the den with the fan on!

Old 07-30-2010, 04:24 PM
emadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond repute
75 is a good setpoint, but you could rise it to 77 I think. You would be still in comfort because of the lack of humidity in the air.

A good rule is: see the lowest temperature that the A/C can maintain in the ambient and set your desired temperature higher than that (if your system is well dimensioned it should reach 75 with ease). Otherwise the A/C compressor will never stop running..

Do you guys have split conditioners or chillers?

Old 07-30-2010, 04:39 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Mine is set at 68 degrees 24/7. I like it cold, dammit!

Old 07-30-2010, 09:45 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Guys,

Member MikeWads ran a 7.05 on a 1.5% decline in his E92 M3 DCT with ESS S/C and 100 shot of nitrous.

Nice job, Mike!!

Attached Images  
Old 07-30-2010, 10:39 PM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by emadelta86
75 is a good setpoint, but you could rise it to 77 I think. You would be still in comfort because of the lack of humidity in the air.
Lack of humidity? Have you been to this wretched s#ithole of a summer cyst pool we call the Amazon. It's horribly humid here in the summer.

Old 07-31-2010, 12:02 AM
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Mine is set at 68 degrees 24/7. I like it cold, dammit!
I would love to set mine that low, but my roommate would ***** 24/7 because he pays half of the electric bill. LOL!!! Plus he always says it's to cold even when it's at 71, yet when we use to have my Camaro at the track it'd be 50* and he'd be in shorts and a t-shirt with my fire jacket on. Yeah I probably should have had the jacket on, but I needed my thicker jacket to stay warm LOL!

Old 07-31-2010, 05:49 AM
emadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond repute
Lack of humidity? Have you been to this wretched s#ithole of a summer cyst pool we call the Amazon. It's horribly humid here in the summer.
I was talking about the humidity inside the house. It is low because of the A/C condensing the water that's in the air. If the A/C system is well dimensioned and you don't open windows and/or doors to let external air to come in, your inside humidity remains low.

Old 07-31-2010, 07:00 AM
MikeWads is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Guys,

Member MikeWads ran a 7.05 on a 1.5% decline in his E92 M3 DCT with ESS S/C and 100 shot of nitrous.

Nice job, Mike!!
Thanks Scott! Here are a some videos of my ride.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5Xp0bffsr4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMdgVt1cqHg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tft_1GtLBq8

Old 07-31-2010, 09:47 AM
Guys,

Palette ran a very quick 5.80 with 1-shift on a 1.36% decline in his 911tuning car. His previous best was a 6.00.

Congrats, Corey!

Attached Images  
Old 07-31-2010, 09:49 AM
Originally Posted by MikeWads
Thanks Scott! Here are a some videos of my ride.
Very nice, Mike. I really like those S/C'd E92s. Wonderful cars.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 6speedonline's official 60-130, 1/4 Mile, and Standing Mile list