996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

I Need To Go On A Diet

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 12:16 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
I Need To Go On A Diet

I just put my car on a platform scale today in drag config. Helmet, Driving shoes, laptop, GT2 solid spoke rears with DR's, full tank of gas and some misc crap. 3760lbs...OUCH. Oh I am 6'3" 225.... Shoudnt have had that big breakfast. Kevin

Old 10-26-2006, 12:18 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Kevin your car is a pig. Time for stomach bypass surgery. I just got mine to shed at least 150lbs.

Old 10-26-2006, 12:31 PM
Michael 996TT is infamous around these parts
Pull the back seats (at least the top pieces), get the trunk empty (spare et all) and R/R the front seats w/ GT3's or some other lightweight version (no motors) .... that is a couple tons right there. And eat like a canary/sh$t like elephant...

Old 10-26-2006, 01:42 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
go to the light weight odessy battery and loose 35 pounds!
go to straight pipes and loose another 40 pounds!
go to the gym and get on the stair master and loose 50 pounds!

Old 10-26-2006, 04:09 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tom kerr
go to the gym and get on the stair master and loose 50 pounds!
Now that hurts, Doc. Kevin

Old 10-26-2006, 05:10 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
drink Vodka and don't eat for a week... 25 lbs. lol

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 10-26-2006, 05:46 PM
KPG
Originally Posted by vincentdds
Kevin your car is a pig. Time for stomach bypass surgery. I just got mine to shed at least 150lbs.
A pig with Torque Kevin

Old 10-26-2006, 05:52 PM
grussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud of
Your car has more HP than I thought!!!

Old 10-26-2006, 06:51 PM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
Kevin, you're killing me. Did my Gt2 numbers have anything to do with this? Well if anything, it will get you in better shape, you could easily get down to 200lbs. Just lay off the pizza and beer and get on the treadmill/stairmaster/weight room/pool/sauna/bicycle/rowing machine/abflex. Did I miss any?

Old 10-26-2006, 06:58 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Eat Fresh! Eat The Sandwich!

Old 10-26-2006, 06:59 PM
grussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud of
now just try to imagine bigger turbos, 2 wheel drive and -537lbs...... wooohooo

Old 10-26-2006, 07:03 PM
KPG
Originally Posted by grussell
now just try to imagine bigger turbos, 2 wheel drive and -537lbs...... wooohooo
You guys are all heart... with friends like this.. Grussell, I will be uploading some very strong GT2 data in day or two. Believe me, from the prelim results it is plain to see that weight is a heavy burden to bear... sorry about the pun! Kevin

Old 10-26-2006, 07:28 PM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 9Eleven
Kevin, you're killing me. Did my Gt2 numbers have anything to do with this? Well if anything, it will get you in better shape, you could easily get down to 200lbs. Just lay off the pizza and beer and get on the treadmill/stairmaster/weight room/pool/sauna/bicycle/rowing machine/abflex. Did I miss any?

Hummm....KPG....so all those questions about impact of weight vs performance......were not only out of curiosity....

Old 10-26-2006, 07:37 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
This leads me to point out how much of a difference a GT2 on a slight diet can make at the 1/4 track...
Unfortunately we categorize tts and gt2s in the same pool.... Clearly GT2s have an advantage at the 1/4 track... not to mention it doesnt have PSM which really hurts us guys at the start... LSD is another plus that we do not have...
I think there are only 4 non tuner cars on 6speed that ran 10s.... 2 of which are GT2s... And Im pretty sure 3 out of the 4 are on a decent diet...
Im only speculating...
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 10-26-2006, 07:54 PM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
I can tell you that a GT2 vs a TT has about a 23% time advantage over a 62-124mph run. About 20% from hp/weight advantage and a net of about 3% between advantage of 4WD losses and offset by worse aerodynamics. These are rough estmates of course.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.