996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Polar Silver GT2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 10:11 PM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
Al,

Your link is not working.

If you look at the following link, you will se that bidding ended at $65,100. Seller's Buy It Now price was $119,800.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002-...QQcmdZViewItem

The Ebay ad says that the car is currently pending sale. They must have found a buyer outside of Ebay.

The car used to belong to fellow 6speed member SteveH like Arling said.

Old 11-24-2006, 10:48 PM
Al Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud of
Hi Phoenix,

I'm sorry the link didn't work for you. I will post it again. I don't know the ins and outs of E-Bay very well, but it is my understanding that when you search a particular group of items such as 996's and you check the box that says completed listings, all the numbers that appear in green are the sales prices. I noticed that listing did say pending sale, and I will freely admit that I don't know what that means. Don't know about finding a buyer outside E-Bay. I hope you can get the link to work for you this time, because I would really like to know what the green 87,500 really means.
http://motors.search-completed.ebay....cloZQQsatitleZ

Last edited by Al Norton; 11-24-2006 at 10:51 PM.
Old 11-24-2006, 11:58 PM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
Al,

The link is still not working.

A GT2 would never sell for $87,500 in my humble opinion. Yes, this car was a lemon but it still would not. The lemon part would reduce the price a bit but not by that much. Remember there were only around 300 (roughly) 996 GT2s brought into the U.S through the model years 2002-2005. I don't know the exact number brought in but its in that area. It's a rare car that is very under appreciated. The lowest price I have seen a GT2 for sale was $104K. That one was a 02 with 14K miles.

What I meant by "buyer outside of Ebay" is that the dealership might have found a buyer who saw the car maybe in an ad somewhere else or maybe someone just walked into their showroom and liked the car and bought it. Remember the seller is a dealership and not a private individual.

You can see the seller's website with the GT2 and others cars listed at the following link.

www.chicago-motor-cars.ebizautos.com

Old 11-25-2006, 12:48 AM
Banned
DimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Phoenix
Al,

The link is still not working.

A GT2 would never sell for $87,500 in my humble opinion. Yes, this car was a lemon but it still would not. The lemon part would reduce the price a bit but not by that much. Remember there were only around 300 (roughly) 996 GT2s brought into the U.S through the model years 2002-2005. I don't know the exact number brought in but its in that area. It's a rare car that is very under appreciated. The lowest price I have seen a GT2 for sale was $104K. That one was a 02 with 14K miles.

What I meant by "buyer outside of Ebay" is that the dealership might have found a buyer who saw the car maybe in an ad somewhere else or maybe someone just walked into their showroom and liked the car and bought it. Remember the seller is a dealership and not a private individual.

You can see the seller's website with the GT2 and others cars listed at the following link.

www.chicago-motor-cars.ebizautos.com
Yeah, you have to log in and search for it but I do see it... holy cow... $87K for a GT2 with 12K or so miles... damn

Old 11-25-2006, 12:55 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DimNSlow
Yeah, you have to log in and search for it but I do see it... holy cow... $87K for a GT2 with 12K or so miles... damn

Wowwwwwww WTF, i would have bought that if i saw it! I wonder what the story is behind it

Old 11-25-2006, 01:05 AM
ronny ghazal is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Wowwwwwww WTF, i would have bought that if i saw it! I wonder what the story is behind it

Remeber it is a LEMON. That price is right for a lemon. How do you know that it was only suspension work? The original owner would never have given it back if he hadn't been totally frustrated by the car and the dealer. Do you want these kinds of headaches?

Stay away from lemons unless you are making lemonade.

My take on this,
RG

Old 11-25-2006, 01:08 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ronny ghazal
Remeber it is a LEMON. That price is right for a lemon. How do you know that it was only suspension work? The original owner would never have given it back if he hadn't been totally frustrated by the car and the dealer. Do you want these kinds of headaches?

Stay away from lemons unless you are making lemonade.

My take on this,
RG
LOL< i was reading your post and thinking wtf is he talking about? Little did i know it was the same car just on a different auction LOL, sorry!

Old 11-25-2006, 01:19 AM
Wow. I take back what I said about the $87,500 price.

This is the cheapest I have seen a GT2 sold for. I wonder how much of a profit Chicago Motor Cars made on this car.

Rep points for Al & DimNSlow.

Old 11-25-2006, 02:12 AM
JohnnyBeatles is on a distinguished road
As a car dealer (Toyota) most cars are worth 50% of normal value when lemon. I am not a Porsche expert in regard to pricing...however...lemon law cars are tough to sell...this 1 they say has supension issue...not a big deal really. Heck it could be the buy of the century. I'm gonna do some investigation.
JB

Old 11-25-2006, 03:01 PM
Al Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud of
Phoenix,

Sorry for my mis-understanding of how to post links. It would work perfectly for me every time I tried it from my computer, but I believe I was already logged into E-Bay

Old 11-25-2006, 03:14 PM
GOB
GOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud of
I was bidding on this car and it was suddenly removed from eBay, signaling that they found a buyer outside of eBay. The sale price (according to what the dealer wrote to me when I inquired as to what happened) was way above what anyone here has even suggested (think mid 130s). They will soon get another GT2 that they will be asking "around $165K" for it with "80K in documented upgrades".

Old 11-25-2006, 03:42 PM
Banned
FD3SDriver has a little shameless behaviour in the past
My favorite Porsche, except the CGT in my favorite color.

Old 11-25-2006, 04:52 PM
amestyan is on a distinguished road
great looking

Old 11-25-2006, 06:14 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
The 104 K 2002 GT2 w/ 14K miles is here in Houston.

That is a good price.

Old 11-25-2006, 06:29 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
what do you mean by lemon?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Polar Silver GT2