996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

04 Upsolute Turbo died.....Will not start.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2004, 08:18 AM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
No it wouldn't trigger the CEL light. Tell the dealer to back date the clips on the pump line.

Old 02-17-2004, 09:49 AM
MKW
MKW is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by PorschePhD
No it wouldn't trigger the CEL light. Tell the dealer to back date the clips on the pump line.
Stephen , you often lose me with " tech speak " . What does " back date the clips " mean in plain English ? TIA

Old 02-17-2004, 08:02 PM
MarkL is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by MKW
Stephen , you often lose me with " tech speak " . What does " back date the clips " mean in plain English ? TIA
I agree with this statement above.... What does "back date the clips" mean? If there was a design change at some point in the production cycle, wouldn't my car already have the new design? It's an 04 and I took delivery only a few months ago.... How can I check if this is my problem? How difficult is it to access the fuel pump? As for the PSM, ABS and CEL lights, I know that the Upsolute program triggered those lights. That problem was already addressed by Rene and it was supposed to go back to optimize the MAF sensor values. I think it might be just a coincidence that it shut down when it did.
Thanks.

Last edited by MarkL; 02-17-2004 at 08:07 PM.
Old 02-19-2004, 08:07 AM
NC Bob is on a distinguished road
Mark,
What's the verdict? Did you find out what caused the aurora borealis on your dash board?

Old 02-19-2004, 10:01 AM
MarkL is on a distinguished road
Guys,
I will be receiving my ecu back from Rene today. He looked at the ecu and said both the Upsolute software and the Upsolute installed chip were still fine. He said he could not find anything wrong with the ecu. I had him install the latest version of the upsolute software which should eliminate the PSM and ABS lights. I am now confident that I have a fuel related problem. The way the car just shut down sounds very much like a fuel problem. I can hear the fuel pump working when I turn the key so I am sure that it is still working. I'd like to see if there are any fuel pressure related codes that were stored in the ecu. I want to use a friends OBDII scanner, but given that Rene reloaded new software in it I'm not sure if all the codes were erased or not. If they were then I'll have a hard time finding the problem. If all else fails I'll contact the dealer and have them find the problem.
I'll let you guys know how it turns out.
Mark.

Old 02-20-2004, 10:47 AM
996twin is on a distinguished road
youre most likekly out of gas

Old 02-20-2004, 01:10 PM
skaria will become famous soon enough
I had a similar although not exact problem. Car died on the highway and I pulled over... thought I ran out of gas because my fuel has been overly optimistic since I got the car. Got gas from the NJ Turnpike authority, but still no go. The only difference between your symptoms and mine is that fact that your car tries to crank the engine, while mine just gave the CE light. Turns out the stupid fuse to the ECU was blown. 4 hours, $300 for towing wasted for a stinking 3 cent fuse. They didn't even have any spare ones in the fuse box. Hope the answer to your problem doesn't make you more pissed than the problem itself!

-Skaria