996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Closed Tuning Thread .....One comment by Byron

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 02:00 AM
Red 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jean
I regret that Todd K's post was deleted in the bunch as it held many true statements and facts that are often overlooked re. engine vs. chassis dyno and high vs. low boost tuning philosophy (if it is really one!). Too bad we did not get time to hear the other side's perspective, in a value added way.

I also wanted to comment on Stephen's IC efficiency test (I think it was the same thread).
Yeah , that was really interesting post and raised many questions of interest.Different philosophies and solutions to problems are fundamental to all our interests here.
BTW-- its about 11 AM where Jean is.

Old 12-30-2006, 02:02 AM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
All I know is when I come up to the mainland some of you guys better take me for a ride..

Old 12-30-2006, 02:12 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by F**K
It's a shame these subjects can't be discussed without devolving into the usual "my Todd is better than your Todd" BS, the information gleaned can help everyone who wants more out of these cars.
OMFGGGGGGGGG So True, both are awesome though!

Old 12-30-2006, 02:19 AM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by VRAlexander
Very well said !
+18reps Attachment 45839

(got your PM )
Can we all get in for a group hug and a photo now? CJV,you in?

Old 12-30-2006, 02:22 AM
VRAlexander
Originally Posted by joetwint
Can we all get in for a group hug and a photo now? CJV,you in?

Now your pushing it ...Ha ha... +18reps for you too...

Old 12-30-2006, 02:27 AM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by VRAlexander
Now your pushing it ...Ha ha... +18reps for you too...
You must spread some rep around............................

Old 12-30-2006, 03:51 AM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute
lol, I knew that thread would end up going sour!

I was gonna suggest that it was time for an annual shootout, lol

See we get a few like this over here in the UK, it's easy to hide behind a computer and start spraffing about figures and bull**** dyno's, every day is different!
The only way to sort things out in a sensible fashion is have an organized meet, hit the track, a good old chin wag with one and other, and let the Ego's drop.

Christ! I luv my car

Old 12-30-2006, 04:10 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Damn...looks like I missed something interesting. But since I'm 11 hours ahead of the west coast...I was asleep during the festivities.

Old 12-30-2006, 04:20 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
MrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to all
I think Chad was provocative and then used his mod powers to shut the thread down too early. Poor moderating and consistent with his ego problems.

Old 12-30-2006, 05:00 AM
Red 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Damn...looks like I missed something interesting. But since I'm 11 hours ahead of the west coast...I was asleep during the festivities.
I thought you were missing-- thread was going 200 MPH with contibutions from many of the higher profile and more interesting contributors participating-- apart from a few insults,it was not too bad-- the gloves were off. I thought it the thread of the year-- it certainly was up to a large number of pages in no time flat. The pity is that the really interesting parts have gone a well. CJV was probably trying to respond to PM's only to come back to 6 more pages that he was trying to respond to!

Old 12-30-2006, 08:38 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
I printed Todd's post (from Protomotive), becuase it was factual,
short, and very informative. Please send $1 in a prepaid envelope
to...

Old 12-30-2006, 10:04 AM
flatsixnut will become famous soon enough
Nothing has changed from the very begining of this boards birth.

Nothing against you CJV, ( I do enjoy many of your posts and your fanatical quest for a balanced monster) but there is just this "air" about you that leaves me questioning your real motives.

Old 12-30-2006, 10:21 AM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Like I said...I didn't really want to get in the thread. These discussions always end up...not discussions. Sad but true. Besides, I can’t afford to loose any reps points. Poeple don't give em out like they use to.

I never say it but I t…

Old 12-30-2006, 10:41 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MrBlonde
I think Chad was provocative and then used his mod powers to shut the thread down too early. Poor moderating and consistent with his ego problems.
Mr. Blonde,

Here, I will be a little more provacative, because you seem to know it all. Then again, you seem to be able to comprehend that the thread should have been shut down ............... only I did it too early.

I'll explain why the thread way shut down. It was about how and why tuners do certain things and the results they hope to attain. Some members, much like yourself go offtopic and instead wish to gab about VR and his vague claims. Much like you chose to do back on Markski's thread on December 26th.

I quote ...... "I don't doubt Alex's car can run stout numbers, not one little bit. What I've learned in my time drag racing is that you keep your gob shut until you've done the numbers. Then you post them up for others to see. All else is bull****.

Also thank you to those anonymous members out there for the numerous neg reps. That's what makes the internet such a cool place; the ability to snipe from behind your keyboard in e-safety. Grow some ***** and say what you've got to say in public."

What do constant attacks like these have to do with having the shy tuners speak freely? Do you know how many times we have actually got tuners to participate in a real give and take discussion? Not many, and this thread was one of them. Guys then turn it into something that the tuners don't want anything to do with. Congraduations, it worked. You also seem to believe I have an ego problem as you so constantly bring it up. Hey, that is your opinion and you are entitled to it. I just wish you VR haters would have known the appropiate time and place. It wasn't like I didn't give advance warning about what would happen if the thread went off topic. Yeah, I know my ego is kicking in again.

While reading your above post I couldn't help but to notice your second paragraph. With the use of the word "members" you are strongly implying that many members gave you anonymous neg reps? At least that it was more than one. You make it sound like they also made bad comments?

Did you have more than one neg rep over your comments on that thread that day? Was there even an unkind comment or did one member simply not like what you said and gave a neg rep without comment? Could it be you were exaggerating or simply not telling the truth about the number of negs so you generate some sympthy? Do you need people to feel sorry for you so you get positive reps? I guess the scam worked judging from the three sympthy positive reps and comments received from three duped members immediately after your post.

Would this be an appropiate situation for "keeping your gob shut?" Probably has more to do with people living in glass houses and throwing rocks.

Last edited by cjv; 12-30-2006 at 01:35 PM.
Old 12-30-2006, 12:37 PM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute
So, what did Santa bring everyone?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Closed Tuning Thread .....One comment by Byron