996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Sound Deadening...???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 03:27 AM
ramone is an unknown quantity at this point
Sound Deadening...???

If you get an exhaust that has drone or resonance. Can you get rid of that sound in the cabin by applying sound deadening in parts of the cabin or near the exhaust?

Second question: Does sound deadening "dynomat" (or whatever its called) weigh much/is there a trade off ?

Thanks.

Old 03-08-2007, 03:33 AM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
The 2000-3000 RMP drone is pretty common. Particularly annoying going uphill. Thankfully, it seems to go away at higher RPM. Not sure if Dynomat will help...

I have the remus 200 cell cats with the europiping I believe they are 70 or 80 mm piping.

Old 03-08-2007, 01:37 PM
DRMitchell will become famous soon enough
Sound deadening/damping products

Dynomat for the whole cabin on a c5z06 adds about 100LBS. You might consider using a similar product combo called Brownbread and L-Comp, made by B-quiet. Less expensive and slightly lighter I think.

That said, I think these products primarily address vibration and overall road noise. I guess resonance would be causing vibration at some level, in the car...

www.sounddeadnershowdown.com provides a thorough over view of many products

Old 03-08-2007, 02:26 PM
RCH
Banned
RCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really nice
Ok you might consider that you bought the wrong exhaust, as I did with the Cargraphic (super drone) export loud, I added back in the soundproofing and more, then still extra super drone, got a techart and took it all out and more and have been happy ever since for the last 18 months, just don't tell the wife

Old 03-08-2007, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by DRMitchell
Dynomat for the whole cabin on a c5z06 adds about 100LBS. You might consider using a similar product combo called Brownbread and L-Comp, made by B-quiet. Less expensive and slightly lighter I think.

That said, I think these products primarily address vibration and overall road noise. I guess resonance would be causing vibration at some level, in the car...

www.sounddeadnershowdown.com provides a thorough over view of many products
Thanks DRMitchell, will check them out.

Last edited by ramone; 03-08-2007 at 07:56 PM.
Old 03-08-2007, 06:53 PM
Originally Posted by RichardCH
Ok you might consider that you bought the wrong exhaust, as I did with the Cargraphic (super drone) export loud, I added back in the soundproofing and more, then still extra super drone, got a techart and took it all out and more and have been happy ever since for the last 18 months, just don't tell the wife

I'm thinking of getting the Milltek exhaust but heard that there will be a little resonance in the cabin since I'm driving a Tip. I usually have a passenger in the car with me so I thought that by applying a little dynomat in some key areas it should resolve the minor resonance issue. The Milltek has the performance #s and exterior sound that I'm looking for, its the cabin sound I'm worried about.