996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Rockit's GT3 w/ K58's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2004, 12:37 PM
996twin is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by rockitman
Maybe in your opinion...what's important is mine and I think they look much better than stock...not to mention the big weight savings...
yeah its just my opinion. the K's weigh less than the stock GT3 wheels? thats shocking. how much less? do you have numbers

i have been researching the GT3 as I might sell the turbo and I thought it had light wheels already.

Old 03-17-2004, 12:48 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by 996twin
yeah its just my opinion. the K's weigh less than the stock GT3 wheels? thats shocking. how much less? do you have numbers

i have been researching the GT3 as I might sell the turbo and I thought it had light wheels already.
19lb savings overall for unsprung weight...

Old 03-17-2004, 01:30 PM
holy cow, I must recant my opinion.. those wheels look GREAT.

Old 03-17-2004, 01:39 PM
Sloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud of
holy cow, I must recant my opinion.. those wheels look GREAT.

Old 03-17-2004, 01:43 PM
I think Fikse's are lighter though, if you wanted light wheels.. ?

Old 03-17-2004, 03:04 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
I think Fikse's are lighter though, if you wanted light wheels.. ?
Yes, I know, however I am not crazy about the looks of them. I reviewed most worthwhile wheels out there: HRE, Kinesis, HRE, Cargraphic, Champion, ect. and for me Kinesis was the perfect balance of looks, strength and lightweight. I also like wheels that are easy to clean, so that ruled out more complex patterns for wheel centers. The 5 point star pattern is classic and aggressive in looks and has always been one of my favorites...