996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Yamaha R1 Kill!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 08:38 PM
996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about
Wow...i dont know much about bikes, cept they be fast (1 liter though, geez) ...but wow

Old 03-25-2007, 08:40 PM
Banned
Origyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 996TTDave
Wow...i dont know much about bikes, cept they be fast (1 liter though, geez) ...but wow
Liter bikes are tricky, they are fast but you have to know how to ride to utilize all that power, I'd look it up but the knucklehead from Pinks hopped on a gixxer thousand and wanted to crack the throttle and ate $#it rather quickly

Old 03-25-2007, 09:11 PM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
I actually beat an R6 a couple nights ago with 3 girls in my car () from a DIG! I couldn't believe it (niether could he)! Big 4 door BMW beating an 02 or so R6 with three girls screaming out the window laughing at him, it was a sight to see. A girl in the back made him feel better at the next light by telling him he looked sexy on his bike haha

Congrats on the win Buddy
Evan
PS- You don't know what year it was, do you Buddy? My old 05 R1 with ECU programing, Airfilter, Velocity Stacks, and Full Exhaust (header and all) was pretty much untouchable except for the fact I couldn't keep the front wheel down!! If you beat an 04-07 R1 thats impressive!!

Old 03-25-2007, 09:16 PM
Banned
Origyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by AMG ETR
I actually beat an R6 a couple nights ago with 3 girls in my car () from a DIG! I couldn't believe it (niether could he)! Big 4 door BMW beating an 02 or so R6 with three girls screaming out the window laughing at him, it was a sight to see. A girl in the back made him feel better at the next light by telling him he looked sexy on his bike haha

Congrats on the win Buddy
Evan
PS- You don't know what year it was, do you Buddy? My old 05 R1 with ECU programing, Airfilter, Velocity Stacks, and Full Exhaust (header and all) was pretty much untouchable except for the fact I couldn't keep the front wheel down!! If you beat an 04-07 R1 thats impressive!!
Since you ride you know how difficult it is to take off from a dig @ wot.

By the way, off topic, but I <3 your R1 btw.

Old 03-25-2007, 09:37 PM
Banned
BA996TT is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

R1's are quicker than most 1k bikes because they have valving that helps the lower end. I had a 2006 ZX-14 (1400cc's) with Muzzy pipes and dyno jet power commander. It put down 187 RWHP. My best was a 9.18 @ 152.33 mph in the quarter. I sold it before I killed myself. I have had 17 sports bikes and the ZX-14 was a bad *** bike. The ZX-14 was a sleeper. Not too many people knew what they looked like and I tool off the badges. I remember beating a brand new z-06, BADLY. I got up to about 185 mph and looked in my mirrors and I was about 10-12 car lengths in front of him . I slowed down to about 90 and he gave me the thumbs up and was just wondering what just happened.

ROB

Old 03-25-2007, 09:38 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Evan,

No idea what year it was but it looked pretty new, he was actually rolling himself when he took off and was not at a dead stop.

Old 03-25-2007, 10:03 PM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Origyns 973
Since you ride you know how difficult it is to take off from a dig @ wot.

By the way, off topic, but I <3 your R1 btw.
I do know how hard it is to take off (I could not even redline my R1 in first without flipping over ), but I didn't not drop my clutch or anything either in my car as traction control cannot be turned off which makes my starts really ****ty. I thought for sure I would jump him a bit on the start and he would pull by easily at that low of speeds, but he never gained any ground, just stayed about a car off my bumper . Might have been a newer rider? Thanks for the R1 "props", working on buying another 2 wheeler now, we'll see how it goes

Buddy, did the bike look like this (my old bike)? If so its the newer really fast one and you should be very proud

Regards,
Evan

Old 03-25-2007, 10:33 PM
Banned
Exclamation

Hey Evan,

If you are looknig at getting another bike, look at the Ducati 1098!!! A good friend of mine just bought one a few weeks ago. I was in a bad car accident back in Jan and just had my last surgery and you can bet your AZZ that as soon as I am better I will be riding that bike. I hope after my law suit with the woman that nailed be a 60 mph , I will be buying one too!!!

My friend said that the torque from that V twin is AMAZING!!!!!!!! I had a RC51 and loved that torque from that. My friend said that the 1098 is way better than the RC51.

Good Luck with the hunt!!!!

Old 03-26-2007, 01:14 AM
BA: I am a few steps ahead of ya
Evan

Old 03-26-2007, 07:34 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Nice work and it's all because of the red, ya know! Yesterday I had a hopped up Evo follow me out of the Blockbuster parking lot and then follow me down some winding back roads. I knew then they wanted to play b/c that road is way off the beaten path. Sadly, the asphalt is real bad and there's alot of blind turns with 2-way traffic. I got on it some and they stayed right there. When we hit the main road I went right and they came with me. It was straight and long uphill and when I looked up they were 100 yards back. To their credit when I slowed down they didn't come and do the "loser's fly-by" but pulled along side and were smiling and doing thumbs up.

Old 03-26-2007, 09:18 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by AMG ETR
BA: I am a few steps ahead of ya
Evan
Evan,

Good luck with getting one. You have to post some pics when you get it !!!!!I called around last week and A LOT of my dealers are sold out for almost 2 years.

Old 03-26-2007, 09:54 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Looked like this:

Old 03-26-2007, 09:55 AM
Originally Posted by Red Devil
Nice work and it's all because of the red, ya know! Yesterday I had a hopped up Evo follow me out of the Blockbuster parking lot and then follow me down some winding back roads. I knew then they wanted to play b/c that road is way off the beaten path. Sadly, the asphalt is real bad and there's alot of blind turns with 2-way traffic. I got on it some and they stayed right there. When we hit the main road I went right and they came with me. It was straight and long uphill and when I looked up they were 100 yards back. To their credit when I slowed down they didn't come and do the "loser's fly-by" but pulled along side and were smiling and doing thumbs up.
Yes Red is worth at least 20 hp!

Old 03-26-2007, 10:02 AM
phillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to behold
Nice run Buddy!
Hope to see you out and about this year.

Old 03-26-2007, 10:05 AM
Thanks Josh let me know when you guys start hanging out at the Hobby Shop!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Yamaha R1 Kill!