996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Suspension Package for 996TT - Street or Race

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 02:11 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Suspension Package for 996TT - Street or Race

I get about 5 PM's a day asking about 996TT suspension setup, JIC Cross Coilovers, and what works best... So for the newbies and suspension curious, I put together a package which I run on my 996TT and performs great on the track and street. There are many different products and opinions out there. Suspension priced from PSS9 at $2000 to Motons at $6000. Some people build full race cars and some just want the extra edge for weekend DE events... here is my take

All pics can be found here -
http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/36053

Price is $3500 for the package.

Vivid Racing starts this package off by using JIC CROSS coilovers. The JIC CROSS are far superior to others on the market. They offer 16 way adjustable dampening, front camber plates, rear pillowball mounts, adjustable ride height, monotube shock, inverted front damper, adjustable spring perch, and extremely well reacting dampers to the roads surface. We supply them with a spring rate of 9kg front and 12kg rear for the best street and track setup.

Next we used an H&R 24mm rear adjustable sway bar and Agency Power sway bar links. Since the car is AWD, we need to give it more oversteer like a RWD car. With the rear end coming around more, the front wheels will pull it through the turns. This also allows for more throttle control in pointing your vehicle on exit of a corner. We supply the Agency Power sway bar links as they are much more beefy then the stock. They are CNC machined aluminum and use spherical bearings that are 3 piece with teflon lining to never wear out. The rear sway bar is 3 way adjustable so you can dial it in to your specifications.

Finally we add the Agency Power adjustable rear control arms. The set of 4 arms replace your factory dog bones arms with an adjustable CNC machined aluminum center using high grade racing spherical rod ends. The sold rod ends also give your car a more responsive and rigid feel to it. Both the sway bar links and control arms have the Agency Power warranty on them and come in anodized blue.
VR-996TT-SUS3 includes:
  • JIC Cross Competition Coilovers
  • H&R Rear 24mm Adj Sway Bar
  • Agency Power Rear Sway Bar Links
  • Agency Power Rear Adj Control Arms
If you have any questions about this suspension setup, contact me online, email, or phone.

Old 04-04-2007, 02:18 PM
Ag Surfer is on a distinguished road
Group buy?

Old 04-04-2007, 02:26 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Not really a group buy, more of an informational piece. plus if you add up the parts individually, this is a nicely priced packaged.

Old 04-04-2007, 02:46 PM
Ag Surfer is on a distinguished road
Would you be interested in offering one to get the ball rolling? I know I am interested.

Old 04-04-2007, 03:06 PM
Former Vendor
Call me. I will help you on something.