996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Sparky Pulls On Dr Jitsu!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 07:38 PM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
I'll vid. BTW, if I name my car, somebody smack me in the head.

Old 04-09-2007, 07:51 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
TRUE car enthusiasts name their cars....interestingly, a recent study has linked this behavior with road rage.

Old 04-09-2007, 07:55 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Are you serious?

Old 04-09-2007, 08:10 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PorschePhd
Are you serious?
seriously.. Sean you alright man?? Time to put the Easter liquor away

Old 04-09-2007, 08:13 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
I kid you not...people who name their cars are more passionate about them and take driving much more seriously. University study was well designed and controlled.

BTW, Chris....since your car is purple, I think a proper name would be Barney.

Old 04-09-2007, 08:21 PM
JoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud of
One would think REAL enthusiasts don't care about frivolous, emotional connections to the car-- rather they think of it as an instrument. REAL ethusiasts, in my view, are the ones who want to DRIVE, DRIVE, DRIVE, not sit around and talk about how much better this or that is. Their unified passion is soley driving and the pleasure they get from it-- not a pretty paintjob or nice interior-- or even a name.

When I hear the phrase "real enthusiast", the track-junky-Porschefiles are the guys who come to mind. The ones with beat up 930's that drive 'em like they stole 'em.

General enthusiasts on the other hand like the social venues that come with their cars, the status they get from them, and the satisfaction found in pride of ownership.

Clearly there are many grey spots here, but the real, hardcore guys really only care about one thing-- being one with the road.

-Joe

Old 04-09-2007, 08:54 PM
According to Joey: "REAL ethusiasts, in my view, are the ones who want to DRIVE, DRIVE, DRIVE, not sit around and talk about how much better this or that is. Their unified passion is soley driving and the pleasure they get from it"

So, then, someone who posts on the internet 1,310 times in a car forum can't possibly be an enthusiast if I follow your logic, yes?

Old 04-09-2007, 09:08 PM
JoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud of
I'm a general enthusiast! Read the rest of my post. It's very difficult to be a REAL enthusiast-- it's time consuming and mostly single dimensioned. The focus is soley on the capabilities of a certain car and using it to it's fullest. General enthusiasm would be more of a multifaceted lifestyle. So indeed, I'm not a REAL enthusiast. Rather I'm a general enthusiast-- much like the majority of posters here including YOU! I never said a general enthusiast was not genuine. The two categories are different, that's all.

I just don't see how a REAL or TRUE enthusiast, as you said (hence my emphasis on real), would use such mindless brainpower to name his car.

-Joe

Old 04-09-2007, 09:15 PM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Virtual rep for you.

That made me lol.

Old 04-09-2007, 09:28 PM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Good call. I've told many people that if I ever got a personalized license plate, it would be "Barney."

Old 04-09-2007, 09:32 PM
Originally Posted by JoeyG
Their unified passion is soley driving and the pleasure they get from it-- not a pretty paintjob or nice interior-- or even a name.
You left out a kickass stereo system.

Old 04-09-2007, 10:01 PM
Originally Posted by JoeyG
I'm a general enthusiast! Read the rest of my post. It's very difficult to be a REAL enthusiast-- it's time consuming and mostly single dimensioned. The focus is soley on the capabilities of a certain car and using it to it's fullest. General enthusiasm would be more of a multifaceted lifestyle. So indeed, I'm not a REAL enthusiast. Rather I'm a general enthusiast-- much like the majority of posters here including YOU! I never said a general enthusiast was not genuine. The two categories are different, that's all.

I just don't see how a REAL or TRUE enthusiast, as you said (hence my emphasis on real), would use such mindless brainpower to name his car.

-Joe
Joey, for your post and coining the misnomer "mindless brainpower" (if it is mindless then it can't really be brain power now, can it) I am giving you the circumlocutor (one who uses many words to convey nothing) of the week award. Congrats.

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 04-09-2007 at 10:04 PM.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:29 AM
I was not circumlocuting at all. Being mindless can refer to a lack of intellectual thought process concerning a particular subject-- not necessarily (and only) IQ. Brainpower is simply cerebral contents of the brain. One can use the brain without producing any concrete or valid statements. Just like we can eat hollow calories.

Mindless brainpower in my analogy was simply an emphatic way to say people who name their cars can't be true enthusiasts because the true car guys would be thinking of how to make the car drive better (or driving)-- not wasting time trying to think of some useless name for it.

Old 04-10-2007, 10:07 AM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Bla bla bla....so basically what I am reading here is that Paul's underpowered car pulled on Sean (who has more power and mods) and now Sean is flabergasted and wants a rematch...??? Is that right? Hahhhahah
Peter

Old 04-10-2007, 10:30 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
In A Nutshell ,yes Thats About It.oh Well What Can I Say.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sparky Pulls On Dr Jitsu!