996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Anyone in ohio with a lightweight flywheel?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 09:08 AM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
I can't see what causes all that noise on the flywheel. I've had lwf before on other vehicles and have experienced any noise issue like that.

Old 05-08-2007, 09:10 AM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
I have a Protomotive installed ATS clutch that chatters quite a bit at neutral idle. I don't believe it's the flywheel that cause the chatter, although I could be wrong. I don't mind the noise as I had a triple Tilton in my previous Supra that rattled much louder than the ATS (but only when hot). It was quiet when cold, but also had a heavy chromo flywheel.

Not sure about your hp goals, but all the triple carbon clutch plates I've seen rattle....

Good luck!

Old 05-08-2007, 09:24 AM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
it's the plate not the fw then. I guess, where's the doc?

Old 05-08-2007, 11:39 AM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
I have SPEC STG3 clutch and LWFW and really like the setup. The chatter though takes some getting used to. What others have said is right... in stop and go traffic it is challenging to drive. I still stall my car once in a while if I am not careful ...

Old 05-08-2007, 12:16 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Rock : As I said ill find out what setup RUF uses.. I mean they stand by drivability and performance, with as close to oem feel as possible for the most part. Marty I'm telling you the lwfw and clutch combo makes a huge diff in the turbo porsches... I feel badly you guys have a bad taste about it because of a poor combo/setup you have had previously, I LOVE the way my car feels compared to stockish throttle response!

Old 05-08-2007, 12:21 PM
oak
from what it sounds like, is it possible to get a lwf with a quieter pressure plate? or, let's say a fw weight around 15-18lbs? anyone know of a supplier?

Old 05-08-2007, 12:34 PM
cpu77 is on a distinguished road
I am wondering the same thing. I want a better clutch but don't really need the extra noise.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.