996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Attention all of those who want Natural Brown Leather SPORT seats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 08:57 PM
Periokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud of
Attention all of those who want Natural Brown Leather SPORT seats

I need two other people to go in on custom sport seat backs from NR AUTO.

Many of you have expressed interest in the past.

This kit will give a new seat back that is the same as the sport seat option.

I need a total of three people (i am one). Three people are needed so that the leather won't be wasted. It will be sent from Germany.

So if you have Natural Brown Leather and want sport seats with the current electric functions you already have, contact me.

The cost will be about $1900.

Old 04-27-2004, 12:28 AM
Rodis is on a distinguished road
PM "Turboron", he may be interested. Spoke to him this weekend about it and he said natural brown would be difficult to get.

Old 04-27-2004, 01:23 AM
john stephanus is on a distinguished road
I have emailed with Neal at Nrauto and I am very interested in this.

Old 04-28-2004, 01:23 AM
996turbo will become famous soon enough
David, I saw the ad for the sport seats conversion. Have you seen a completed conversion?...I'm a little skeptical.

Old 04-28-2004, 08:26 AM
Banned
bobc4s is on a distinguished road
Natural Brown

Hi
I have a customer who just ordered a pair of GT3 seats from me to put in his new Natural Brown leather interior GT3 due to arrive in 3 to 4 weeks. I know he would like to sell the original seats.
If anyone is interested in them please give me a call and I will forward your number to him. Also World Upholstery 1-800-922-9577 in California usually has German hides in stock of most Porsche colors and there prices are fair.

Bob V.
Foreign Affairs Motorsports
954-746-0488

Old 04-28-2004, 09:54 AM
ttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura about
can you get supple leather on the sport seats, i have supple leather and its natural brown and i like sport seats but i dont want to give up the supple leather. Also can i have the dealer install the seat backs since i dont live in socal

Old 04-28-2004, 12:46 PM
Turbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to all
I sent you a pm Periodkid. Also I do not want supple leather.

Last edited by Turbo Ron; 04-28-2004 at 12:51 PM.
Old 04-29-2004, 03:17 AM
Periokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud of
Originally posted by 996turbo
David, I saw the ad for the sport seats conversion. Have you seen a completed conversion?...I'm a little skeptical.
Skeptical about what?

Old 04-29-2004, 03:20 AM
Originally posted by ttgangsta
can you get supple leather on the sport seats, i have supple leather and its natural brown and i like sport seats but i dont want to give up the supple leather. Also can i have the dealer install the seat backs since i dont live in socal
Correct me if I am wrong....

The supple leather is confined to the inner seat. You will reuse the inner seat from you original seat.

It get placed into the new back.

Seats that have lumbar support or heat are compatible since your existing centers (inner seat) is reused.

Old 04-29-2004, 04:23 AM
Turbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to all
I talked to Neil at NR Auto. He does need 3 interested parties. One person I heard backed out. The price is $1895 for the natural brown leather. Seat backs are white so you will need them painted $300. Install is between $100 or $125 per seat. If you want the Porsche Logo embossed on seat back which is a nice feature, I have it, is an aditional $200. You pay tax on the $1895. Grand total is roughly $2800. Black seats are $1595, you save $300. Seat backs do not need to be painted if you desire white. For me I will probably pass. I can look at his work if someone needs me to. He is about 30 minutes driving time for me. If someone lives in Sherman Oaks, that is in his backyard.

Last edited by Turbo Ron; 04-29-2004 at 04:30 AM.
Old 04-29-2004, 04:32 AM
You do reuse the inner seat

Old 04-29-2004, 05:48 AM
996turbo will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by Periokid
Skeptical about what?
I can't imagine it'll be factory perfect. The sport seat is so different and to chop up a "regular" seat to make it into a sport just seems cheezy. Plus, at 2800 bucks, I bet you can find a factory used set for that much and it'll be the real thing. Just my .02 cents.

Old 04-30-2004, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by 996turbo
I can't imagine it'll be factory perfect. The sport seat is so different and to chop up a "regular" seat to make it into a sport just seems cheezy. Plus, at 2800 bucks, I bet you can find a factory used set for that much and it'll be the real thing. Just my .02 cents.
The sport seat is not much different. The only difference is the seat back.

All that is done is removing the seat back and replacing it. The seat is not chopped up. All the electic controls are retained (unlike sport seats).

The real issue is that Natural Brown Sport seats CANNOT be found used.