996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

996TT front lip options

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 06:39 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
That's not a bad idea. I'm always looking for hand me downs from him

Tom, you here?

Old 02-14-2009, 11:20 AM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
I have CF Aero lip in stock now. Promotion price at $700 shipped until end of this month!

Old 02-14-2009, 11:28 AM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Ray
I have CF Aero lip in stock now. Promotion price at $700 shipped until end of this month!

I have one on my car and it looks very slick. Thanks Ray

Old 02-14-2009, 11:38 AM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
Yeah, Im pretty careful but we'll see how long this lasts...

Originally Posted by deputydog95
I love CG products. Great stuff. I'm just weary about putting anything too expensive in the vulnerable lip area.

Old 02-14-2009, 12:23 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Ray

How durable is this piece Ray? I like the idea. I am concerned that it will have one big jagged carbon fiber edge on the bottom after a month...

Old 02-14-2009, 01:12 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
How durable is this piece Ray? I like the idea. I am concerned that it will have one big jagged carbon fiber edge on the bottom after a month...
I've add extra thickness for all my CF lips. I believe for street use, durable is more important than saving weight. It will skid once in a while but the extra thickness made it much stronger and durable. I have this CF lip on my slammed TT for almost 2 years, other than some rock chips, it hold up perfectly.

Old 02-14-2009, 01:18 PM
Originally Posted by Ray
I've add extra thickness for all my CF lips. I believe for street use, durable is more important than saving weight. It will skid once in a while but the extra thickness made it much stronger and durable. I have this CF lip on my slammed TT for almost 2 years, other than some rock chips, it hold up perfectly.
Can you post some pics of the front end of your car now as it stands so we can see what it will look like after normal use?

my concern is that the frayed edges from scraping driveways will look really bad.

In a perfect world, the carbon lips would come with a stainless skid plate on the bottom that would come up just slightly around the bottom leading edge to protect it.

Old 02-15-2009, 09:04 AM
silver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to all
I have the strosek lip even though I ordered it from cargraphic. It is fiberglass so it will paint up nicely. You do need to be extra carful as the lip is not flexible like some so you could destroy it if not careful. My car is lowered but not slammed. I can go over speedbumps (most) without scrubbing. I like the molded in brake ducts that align with the undercar ducts. I have been happy with it. It looks very similar to the aerokit but not as shovel esk and the center section is raisedup a smidge. Looks nice on the car and the clearance issue has not been a problem for me. It also took .3 seconds off my1/4 et. Not really but the visual hp increase is noticable!

Old 02-15-2009, 10:29 AM
Originally Posted by silver
I have the strosek lip even though I ordered it from cargraphic. It is fiberglass so it will paint up nicely. You do need to be extra carful as the lip is not flexible like some so you could destroy it if not careful. My car is lowered but not slammed. I can go over speedbumps (most) without scrubbing. I like the molded in brake ducts that align with the undercar ducts. I have been happy with it. It looks very similar to the aerokit but not as shovel esk and the center section is raisedup a smidge. Looks nice on the car and the clearance issue has not been a problem for me. It also took .3 seconds off my1/4 et. Not really but the visual hp increase is noticable!
Do you have a pic?

Old 02-15-2009, 12:19 PM
Merlin is a glorious beacon of lightMerlin is a glorious beacon of lightMerlin is a glorious beacon of lightMerlin is a glorious beacon of lightMerlin is a glorious beacon of lightMerlin is a glorious beacon of light
Does anyone have the CF lip on a seal grey?

Thanks,

Old 02-15-2009, 12:33 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Merlin
Does anyone have the CF lip on a seal grey?

Thanks,

Old 02-15-2009, 12:37 PM
Merlin is a glorious beacon of lightMerlin is a glorious beacon of lightMerlin is a glorious beacon of lightMerlin is a glorious beacon of lightMerlin is a glorious beacon of lightMerlin is a glorious beacon of light
Thank You!

It's one of those close-up details that catches the eye. I do like it though.

Old 02-15-2009, 12:40 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Can you post some pics of the front end of your car now as it stands so we can see what it will look like after normal use?

my concern is that the frayed edges from scraping driveways will look really bad.

In a perfect world, the carbon lips would come with a stainless skid plate on the bottom that would come up just slightly around the bottom leading edge to protect it.
I'm actually working on a skid plate for my CF lips. I will make most people life easier with after market lips. I've sold my old lip to a member here, picture was taken before remove from it my TT. All the skid marks in 2years are under the lip, other than some rock chips, it look like new from top view.

Old 02-25-2009, 07:03 AM
That looks really good. I'll probably hold off till that skid plate is ready.

What is the process for removing and re-installing the lip? I did a search on here and couldn't find it with the keywords I was using.

Old 02-26-2009, 10:31 PM
boltnbrew is on a distinguished road
+1 for Ray's CF lip. Easy to install- 8 minutes max. Love the look. Just be careful about curbs/driveways- that simple.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 996TT front lip options