996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

911 vs suburu sti vs audi rs-450HP

Old 08-23-2003, 06:41 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
MWILENS is on a distinguished road
911 vs suburu sti vs audi rs-450HP

I have been reading numerous posts on the sti and how the HP comes close to the 996 porsche ect. So yesterday I decided to take the sti out for a little test ride at a local dealer. The car is clearly spirited and fun but can't be compared to anything porsche related. I would much rather have a used boxster with an extended warranty from the dealer any day of the week. Personally I don't think the car is a bargain at 31K-It's a rice rocket-cool button to spray the intercooler but any comparison to a porsche seems funny after driving the car. The engine feels like a normal japanese engine with some extra rpm's, metal pedals and sport seats. The biggest plus to the car is the suspension setup!!

Then I went to the Audi dealer and drove the RS 450HP-I was beyond impressed-The car was glued to the road, had a nice quite sport exhaust and great power. But the price 87K is crazy for the car. Yes it has big HP and four wheel drive. The paddle shifters are cute but they should have at least made them pedal like the ferrari for that price. Personally I would rather have an MB or cayenne turbo for the same price.

Old 08-23-2003, 08:14 AM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
You are right, You can't compare it to a 996. But you would rather take the underpowered Boxter or even the underpowered boxter s over the sti? Not Moi.... IMHO, at mid 40's to low 50's I dont think the boxter can compare to the sti. From the factory, it smokes an M3, and with under 8k in mods, you can destroy a 996turbo......strictly talking performance of course. Combine that with AWD, subaru reliability, and room for 4. It is not of course as refined as an RS6, but at nearly 1/3rd the price, and viewing it as a daily driver, and highschool kid's goal....It is indeed a bargain. It is a head turner as well, of course more from 18 year old girls.....but hey...thats legal....right?

Old 08-23-2003, 09:45 PM
Pioneer Member
Scott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond repute
OMG Shank. hehe

That is Lleno de queso. (Translate... cheesey)

Performance is there, but to be caught in that by anyone I respected.... no thanks

Old 08-24-2003, 10:16 AM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
Hey, I would rather get caugt in that over a BMTroubleU