996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Paul Toby is a scam artist, don't buy from him

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 10:36 AM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
Magnus: I think you are hoping against hope...trying to stay on the good side in the hopes that perhaps the deal will come through and you'll be able to salvage some of the money you've paid out. It just doesnt' look like this is going to happen...there is one excuse or delay tactic after another. This guy is a B.S. artist...plain and simple....he's demonstrated his lack of integrity time and time again. You need to just go after the credit card company and have them charge back the costs....I just helped my neighbor do this and he recouped over $4500 from a B.S. camera deal....but you can't keep waiting and hoping that it'll come together. If all of a sudden it does, then great, you can always call time out.....but in the meantime, protect your interests by communicating with the credit card company and filing the necessary paperwork. You dont' have forever to do this...I believe it's ninety days.

Old 07-02-2008, 11:56 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
Don't know if Paypal will help. Soemtimes guys like this try to run out the clock. Credit card and Paypal claims have to be made within a certain number of days of the transaction. Look into that today.

Old 07-02-2008, 07:12 PM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
file with the cc company now....I would get as much info on this guy and nail him!!! What fuqin a-hole!

Old 07-02-2008, 07:41 PM
SoCal996 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by FastForwardwheels
The owner did indicate that he has made an attempt to contact the thread starter but understands his busy schedule. He did indicate he would make efforts in order to help you get what you need but I can't speak for him.

=Eli
How, it's been this long and JIC hasn't stepped up yet?

Old 07-02-2008, 11:53 PM
MagnusB is infamous around these parts
I have a response from Jic and I'll talk to them tomorrow.

Old 07-08-2008, 05:55 PM
Steven@JICMagic is infamous around these parts
Hello Everyone, this is Steven from JIC. We have been working with the customer to figure out the situation and a resolution. MagnusB could you please message me with contact information, we would like to talk to you about everything.

Old 07-08-2008, 07:14 PM
c2mojo is infamous around these parts
If JIC doesn't get you a set very soon, let us know

Old 07-08-2008, 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by c2mojo
If JIC doesn't get you a set very soon, let us know
Yup!!! Sure been quite some time now. This should have been handled IMMEDIATELY!!!!

Old 07-08-2008, 09:25 PM
Steven@JICMagic is infamous around these parts
I assure you guys that we have been corresponding with the customer through email for quite sometime now before i posted this comment. Things are already proceeding forward as we speak. We at JIC were all shocked to hear this news, Paul has not worked with us for a few months now.

Old 07-08-2008, 10:36 PM
Hi Steven.

Jon has my contact details. Sent him all the data he wanted last week.

Cheers, Magnus

Old 07-14-2008, 10:02 PM
I hoped this thread would end ...
- No response from Paul for a while
- No response from Jic after I sent what they asked for

Old 07-14-2008, 10:22 PM
1999 C4 Cab 6 Speed
my996 is infamous around these parts
I for one will not be shopping from JIC ever! And will let my fellow P-club members know as well to avoid them. Good luck to you.

Old 07-14-2008, 10:32 PM
Why am I not surprised......I guess that having JIC products equal BAD customer service. Hey bud, sorry that you've been passed around from Paul to Jon to Steven. Hope there won't be a new rep.

I thought that "things are already proceeding as we speak" quoted by Steven. I will pass the word that JIC are a bunch of BS'ers.

Old 07-14-2008, 11:35 PM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
Starting to sound like a used car lot....Oh...yes that salesman used to work here, but he no longer does and we had to let him go becasue he exceeded his authority and made unauthorized promises.

Old 07-14-2008, 11:39 PM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
Paul sent me a PM a few months ago and when I called to order he was no longer employed by JIC and they would not honor the agreement. Oh well just saved me some mod money.

Best of luck!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Paul Toby is a scam artist, don't buy from him