996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

ghl vs. fabspeed.. which is louder?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 05:31 AM
ls911 has a spectacular aura aboutls911 has a spectacular aura aboutls911 has a spectacular aura about
Wow...first there were oil wars, now we got muffler wars

Come on gents, you all are good men with just simply different strong opinions, it's all good

Anyways, you're all way out in lala land anyways

SpeedArt mufflers...NOTHING better

Old 10-16-2008, 06:06 AM
zdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud of
and you forgot the "plenum" wars".....and the "screens for air ducts" wars where even the children were taken.

Old 10-16-2008, 06:07 AM
zdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud of
fabspeed since day one. perfect sound....not too tame and just right at WOT.

Old 10-16-2008, 07:48 AM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Careful gents, you don't want to be the next target for not taking a knee to nothing but "you know who's" products...

You know I could have something build in the R&D and probably offer it out at around half price. . . Hummm, I wonder who would be interested.

Old 10-16-2008, 08:15 AM
Flyer007 is on a distinguished road
I gladly put my hand up for test subject.

1. Send me AH pipes and I will install as a DIY home installer videoing the whole process.

2. Eli send me a set of the AH clones and I will do the same plus audio compare both.....

I think this is the only fair way to solve....

Old 10-16-2008, 10:19 AM
Jake Ok is a jewel in the roughJake Ok is a jewel in the roughJake Ok is a jewel in the rough
Why would some one say they have the best sounding exhaust?? Claim that it is too loud or too quite. This is such a subjective issue and it is a different experience for different people. I remember a friend of mine who had this new girlfriend and he was so excited to bring her out with us, claiming she is the most beautiful girl he has ever been with and was eager to show her off. Well....

Attached Images  

Last edited by Jake Ok; 10-16-2008 at 10:23 AM.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:41 AM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jake Ok
Why would some one say they have the best sounding exhaust?? Claim that it is too loud or too quite. This is such a subjective issue and it is a different experience for different people. I remember a friend of mine who had this new girlfriend and he was so excited to bring her out with us, claiming she is the most beautiful girl he has ever been with and was eager to show her off. Well....

Just my point, exhaust tones are subject to the opinions of all...

BTW: Hope your buddy didn't make a life commitment there...

-Eli

Old 10-16-2008, 10:56 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Flyer007
I gladly put my hand up for test subject.

1. Send me AH pipes and I will install as a DIY home installer videoing the whole process.

2. Eli send me a set of the AH clones and I will do the same plus audio compare both.....

I think this is the only fair way to solve....
Good sounding offer, unfortunately I'm sure we'll have a bigger crowd here in the Los Angeles area. Save on shipping and get sound clips etc.

But nice try..

Old 10-16-2008, 11:10 AM
YoopsRacing will become famous soon enough
As to if the AH mufflers fit on a 99 C2, They took all of 10min to install, no bracket flipping. I do however think the VBand clamps should be included with the muffler. There was nothing funky that you Mr Mech have to do to install them. Even a non technical jake like me can do it...So stop all the *****en and moaning and if you have issues on any non 99 C2 - call Brian at AH, he will make it right.

So Cherry bomb this

Last edited by YoopsRacing; 10-16-2008 at 11:13 AM.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:22 AM
Former Vendor
Back on topic now guys.....

ghl vs. fabspeed.. which is louder?

Old 10-16-2008, 12:27 PM
Jake Ok is a jewel in the roughJake Ok is a jewel in the roughJake Ok is a jewel in the rough
Talking

Originally Posted by FastForwardwheels

-Eli
He's no longer my friend...

Old 10-16-2008, 01:40 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Jake Ok
He's no longer my friend...
Ouch! Come on, just for that? Kidding...

-Eli

Old 10-16-2008, 02:26 PM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FastForwardwheels

-Eli
-Absolutely, muffler choice is purely a personal preference. Nowhere did I say they are the best sounding as a general statement (reading back through posts)- I will say I think they sound the best on my cars, given my prefs. I also like Agency on the quieter end.

-but again I ask (for like the 4th time now) how you can express such a negative opinion and comparison on an exhaust you have never heard in person or driven with? Your only experience with them is trying to install a set and not being able to complete the install.
That's really the main and only point of what i'm calling your BS on.. how are you forming your opinion of sound quality, tone, resonance, performance etc? -you can't seem to answer this one thing truthfully because you know I've busted you in a lie.

If you had actually used them 1st-hand and offered a poor opinion based on your experience then so what- That's legit, solid input. Fabricating information and expecting others to believe it is not.

Old 10-16-2008, 02:55 PM
Hey Kurt.....well said and you made some great points. As per my post, the chick may be butt ugly but she could very well be great in bed.....

Old 10-16-2008, 10:23 PM
EB847 is a jewel in the roughEB847 is a jewel in the roughEB847 is a jewel in the rough
fuqit, im doing the 996 pse style hack tomorrow mornin.. i will update with how much better it sounds than all of the other exhausts i have never heard

seriously, i am having it done. i will be able to offer my own opinion of how it sounds on my 3.6 vs. the stock and ghl (which i had, and have) which hopefully someone, someday will find helpful when they read about it here.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ghl vs. fabspeed.. which is louder?