996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Let's talk brake pads

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 10:59 AM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
yes, i 2nd that.. very strong google powers. great info. thanks for sharing!

Old 12-15-2008, 12:15 PM
rwgrif is a splendid one to beholdrwgrif is a splendid one to beholdrwgrif is a splendid one to beholdrwgrif is a splendid one to beholdrwgrif is a splendid one to beholdrwgrif is a splendid one to beholdrwgrif is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Ray S (Chicago)
Hmm, your google powers are strong.....

Again, as soon as you open the can your brake fluid starts absorbing moisture. If you change before every event you should be fine with the brembo stuff.

Actually, like GW Bush, I use "The Google"

Once again, you are right, the moment you open the bottle, it starts absorbing H2O which brings up the point that you should THROW AWAY any partial bottles. I always start with a fresh, unopened bottle when I flush. I don't quite get the "should be fine" point. Do you believe that my brake fluid at one week post flush is nearer the wet point than the dry point? Maybe someone else can tell me how long (on average) it takes for the brake fluid to get saturated but I'm guessing months, not days. I can tell you that with freshly flushed stock Porsche fluid, I boiled it. With the Brembo, not at all. Lots of P-Car folks are using ATE at Sebring with good results (ie: didn't hit wall...he, he, he....). By the specs, it's slightly lower on the wet point. Should they be worried? I think not. If the fluid is fresh, they have a boiling point over 500 and are just fine.

I'm not really trying to be argumentative or belabor this point (but it sure feels like I am.....) but I just plain don't see the need for $75/liter brake fluid unless you don't like to flush or it somehow feels good to have paid more for a disposable fluid than anyone else did. Is there some other reason I'm just plain not aware of?

Old 12-15-2008, 12:55 PM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
i speak for myself but i use the castrol $75/liter because i don't flush regularly

Old 12-15-2008, 01:01 PM
rwgrif is a splendid one to beholdrwgrif is a splendid one to beholdrwgrif is a splendid one to beholdrwgrif is a splendid one to beholdrwgrif is a splendid one to beholdrwgrif is a splendid one to beholdrwgrif is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by angldrkns9
i speak for myself but i use the castrol $75/liter because i don't flush regularly
A good reason!

Ok, so you don't flush regularly but you DO put the seat down, right?

Old 12-15-2008, 01:16 PM
Originally Posted by rwgrif
A good reason!

Ok, so you don't flush regularly but you DO put the seat down, right?
there is no putting any seats down in my house. 25 year olds don't understand that concept

if the female wants to pee, she puts the seat down

NOT! i wish it was like that.. too bad the female threatens to break my car in half with her karate kick if i were to leave the seat up. and if she can't break my car in half it will be breaking something else of mine in half

Old 12-15-2008, 01:23 PM
NOT! i wish it was like that.. too bad the female threatens to break my car in half with her karate kick if i were to leave the seat up. and if she can't break my car in half it will be breaking something else of mine in half

Ouch....
That would belong in another forum. Perhaps
American Muscle or Tech / How To

Old 09-29-2011, 03:33 PM
Parkcity911 is on a distinguished road
Lol.