996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Any other close calls out there this weekend?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2004, 09:55 AM
russbert is on a distinguished road
Question Any other close calls out there this weekend?

My wife and I had two "close encounters of the cop kind" this weekend but both of us lucked out ... again!

On her way to the dealership, we were clipping along at a fairly good speed but had slowed down some (about 10 over) when we saw a car flash it's lights at us twice. My wife immediately hit her brakes hard and then the laser alert sounded! Couldn't find him at first as he was sitting on a side road, behind a bush, where they had never sat before! The funny part .... my son was taking a test drive .... in the car that flashed us the warning after he had received a warning himself! He didn't realize it was us until we pasted him. We didn't know it was him until he called us!

#2: On the way back from Lexington, KY going north on I-75 I was in a group of four cars who were moving along at a fairly good pace. Hardly saw any cops going down to Lexington but several on the way back. Laser alarm came on ... scanned the road and nothing. Then, on an overhead pass with no ramps, I spotted a pickup truck with a cap. Then I saw it ... the laser gun sticking out the rear window. As I rounded the blinded curve (due to high concrete barrier) there were FIVE (5) police cars (can you say SPEED TRAP?). Four had someone pulled over already but one was free and looking at me! Fortunately, he pulled over the guy behind me instead of me (still not sure how I lucked out).

Any other good stories out there?