996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

LED taillights - Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 12:24 PM
tejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud of
good answer; wish I weren't 3000 miles from you.

Last edited by tejoe; 03-08-2009 at 12:26 PM. Reason: sp
Old 03-08-2009, 12:56 PM
orangec2 will become famous soon enough
Hi Edwin,
I would be interested in your offer.
I live in Orange, California.

Old 03-08-2009, 12:59 PM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by orangec2
Hi Edwin,
PM sent

Edwin

Old 03-08-2009, 03:07 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
HxCforlife has a spectacular aura aboutHxCforlife has a spectacular aura about
When do you think you will be ready to get a final count on the GB so we all know what the price is going to be. By the looks of it there are a lot of people looking to get these things.

Old 03-08-2009, 07:40 PM
erubin will become famous soon enough
+1 for the red and clear.

Old 03-08-2009, 08:36 PM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by orangec2
Hi Edwin,
First off, thanks to Orangec2 for helping test fit, take pics and provide feedback on the lights. I'll let him chime in on his thoughts about it but here are some pics that he took.

Plug and play

Here's the prelim GB info for those that are interested. If paying via paypal, please add 3.9% or I can take money order/wire transfer.

1- 5 sets - $650 shipped
6 - 10 sets - $610 shipped
10+ sets - $575 shipped
Availability for pick up: $550 cash after 10 confirmed buyers (deposit collected) for local guys

Thanks

Edwin

Last edited by PrecisionPorsch; 03-08-2009 at 09:15 PM.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:58 PM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
hmmmm, have to admit that they do look good..... whats the 20+ GB? Its prob gonna get that big if you wait long enough.... Im sure people can wait.

+1 on the rear fog lights.... they still work?

Old 03-08-2009, 10:53 PM
1SIKCAB is on a distinguished road
is it the pic or is the stock assembly brighter? Hmmm, wonder if it would blend in nicely on a C4S with the decklid reflector? I'm local enough if you have another unit I can check out?

Old 03-08-2009, 10:59 PM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 1SIKCAB
is it the pic or is the stock assembly brighter? Hmmm, wonder if it would blend in nicely on a C4S with the decklid reflector? I'm local enough if you have another unit I can check out?
I dont think he has the turbo/c4s ones... yet.

Old 03-09-2009, 12:48 AM
asialors996 has a spectacular aura aboutasialors996 has a spectacular aura aboutasialors996 has a spectacular aura about
Wow...awesome....

Old 03-09-2009, 01:16 AM
Purplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud of
That's what I thought too...

Cheers
Aaron

Old 03-09-2009, 04:51 AM
dwaynemosley is on a distinguished road
Could be the angle of the picture, or the extra glare on the LED lense, but I don't see a lot of difference in LED brightness between the "brake light" and "running light" pictures. Is it my monitor? The turn signals don't appear to be very bright either. Perhaps a youtube video will clear things up a bit.

Old 03-09-2009, 07:48 AM
ls911 has a spectacular aura aboutls911 has a spectacular aura aboutls911 has a spectacular aura about
Man I'm loving the look, def updates the rear of the 996 without it looking like some weak add on.
Your p-car looks great orange, I don't see those lights coming off again.
+1 on a Youtube clip if possible.

Old 03-09-2009, 08:21 AM
Banned
jstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to all
wow! its about time! i have been looking for these for a long time! the red and clear looks like its black/red? do you have any that look like the oem ones? im done also.

Old 03-09-2009, 08:23 AM
Basic Sponsor
Thanks everyone for the interest and all the questions.

Originally Posted by AERO996
Is the red portion of the taillights as dark-looking in person? Its almost like a "smoked" red in the pics. Do these still retain the "rear foglight" feature?
The lights that were used to test-fit are the smoked/clear one so it is a little darker than the OEM red. These do retain the fog light feature.

Originally Posted by Redridge
hmmmm, have to admit that they do look good..... whats the 20+ GB? Its prob gonna get that big if you wait long enough.... I'm sure people can wait.

+1 on the rear fog lights.... they still work?
The 20+ GB is the same price as the 10+ GB ($575 shipped plus paypal fees if used). Now if I ship in bulk to one location, we can save on shipping. Fog lights still work

Originally Posted by Redridge
I dont think he has the turbo/c4s ones... yet.
Correct, there are no LED lights for the 996 wide bodies. I have asked the manufacturer to think about it... no word back yet

Originally Posted by dwaynemosley
Could be the angle of the picture, or the extra glare on the LED lenses, but I don't see a lot of difference in LED brightness between the "brake light" and "running light" pictures. Is it my monitor? The turn signals don't appear to be very bright either. Perhaps a Youtube video will clear things up a bit.
Dwayne,

Rest assured I too want a YouTube video of it but OrangeC2 didn't have access to a video camera. I would like Orange C2 to chime in when he has time but he did mention the lights are plenty bright.

I will make this offer again... if another local wants to test fit the lights and shoot a video, please pm me. In return, the lights (once they arrive) will be sold to you at a discount.

I'll let Orange C2 chime in on his personal experience... so you don't have to hear it from a PP guy

Edwin

Last edited by PrecisionPorsch; 03-09-2009 at 09:01 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: LED taillights - Thoughts?