996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Updating to B&M, anyone use the EVO ShiftLink?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2004, 11:25 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Updating to B&M, anyone use the EVO ShiftLink?

If so, why?

If not, why not?

If yes, what does it do for you, other than peace of mind?

Thanks!

Old 10-12-2004, 12:04 AM
Dock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really nice
I have the ShiftLink on my in-car B&M shifter.

Why do I like it? It provides for a more solid shift feel. The OEM connector has a rubber bushing set in a rubber housing. The ball end of the shifter is held by this bushing and since it's rubber it can be torqued around with the shifter, giving a soft/loose feel. The ShiftLink has a hard plastic bushing housed in aluminum. There is no "give" at all, and this means a more soild feel all around, with very solid stops at the end of each shift.

Old 10-12-2004, 12:54 AM
Tool Pants is on a distinguished road
Old 10-12-2004, 01:47 AM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks TP. I saw that write-up as well - and a previous well-documented install. Leaning toward just the B&M short shift at this point. Appreciate the post!

Old 10-12-2004, 08:29 AM
russbert is on a distinguished road
EVO Shiftlink

Eric,

I installed the EVO Shiftlink as well and I really love the crispness of the shifts! Nice and tight ... exactly the way it should be directly from the factory.

I read the previous posts as well and was leaning towards NOT installing the shiftlink initially but after installing it (and seeing the difference between the stock piece and the EVO), I am very glad I did.

But in the end, it's up to you. I know you'll really enjoy it. I feel like I have a new car. Driving it through the mountains in Tennessee recently was more fun than I can adequately describe!