996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Hooking up headlamps to lock/unlock feature

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 07:30 PM
PacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud of
Hooking up headlamps to lock/unlock feature

Is it possible to hook up our headlamps to the locking and unlocking of our cars?

Old 07-28-2009, 08:02 PM
yellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really nice
so that they flash?

Old 07-28-2009, 08:12 PM
PacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud of
so they lite up. just how they do on my CTS and Range Rover Sport

Old 07-28-2009, 08:53 PM
Omarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant future
anything is possibe....u just need to wire it in the dome lights, but ur gonna need a seprate relay, other wise ull keep blowing fuses....and do u have factory xenons? cuz if so it takes alot of power everytime when they ignite

Old 07-28-2009, 11:08 PM
yellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really nice
Not to forget a diode, cause everytime you turn on your dome light, your lights will turn on. I would not mess with the Porsche electrical wiring. Have a professional do it for you.

Old 07-29-2009, 10:52 AM
Long Islander has a spectacular aura aboutLong Islander has a spectacular aura about
Not sure why you would want that. The front and rear blinkers already blink when you lock and unlock. I did the flashing side marker hack so that they blink when I lock and unlock. That makes it easier to verify that the car is locked when I'm walking away from the car without having to look directly at the front or rear.