996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Finally remap time...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 11:35 AM
Dervish is on a distinguished road
Finally remap time...

Before I start I'd just like to say that all Dyno runs and remaps are open to interpretation, what you see here are just my results and opinions…

On Saturday I took a trip down to Regal Autosport (www.regal-auto.com) in Southampton UK. I’ve used their services before and have a good relationship with their team. Together with Design911 they run a car in the Carrera Cup and so know a thing or 2 about tuning. Anyway, I had wanted a remap to tie in the EVOMS CAI, IPD intake plenum and Manthey exhaust and to see exactly, if anything, what these could do for torque/ power etc.

Chris started by putting the car on their Mustang Dyno and taking a few run readings. Whilst he was doing this the cars pre-map ECU data was sent off to get reconfigured together with a description of current engine/ exhaust/ intake modifications. Once the new ECU data had been sent back he reprogrammed and did further ‘after’ dyno runs. He explained that the new map would improve throttle response, increase torque across the rev range and give a higher power output slightly lower down the rev range.

The dyno results you can see in the attached photo (scanner at work is bust). The real proof though is in the drive. The throttle is certainly a lot more ‘alive’, took me awhile to get used to pulling away but once going you can really feel it. The added torque makes a hell of a difference too. Maybe it’s all in my mind but my ‘butt dyno’ is very happy

All in all I’m very happy. No doubt there will be questions regarding ambient temps and fans and multiple runs etc etc but the before and after results/ driving comparison shows me something has been improved…

Attached Images  

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 01-25-2010 at 12:25 PM.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:17 PM
gixxer638 is infamous around these partsgixxer638 is infamous around these partsgixxer638 is infamous around these partsgixxer638 is infamous around these partsgixxer638 is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

its nice to hear somone is happy with the mods they did im thinking of doing the ecu upgrade but so many of the threads hear say im waisting my money

Old 01-27-2010, 09:27 AM
chsu74 is on a distinguished road
That's great! I remapped only after adding CAI, headers and exhaust. Allowing more air to flow through the engine is the key. For me the headers was the mod that turned it up to the next level.

Old 01-28-2010, 05:18 PM
gixxer638 is infamous around these partsgixxer638 is infamous around these partsgixxer638 is infamous around these partsgixxer638 is infamous around these partsgixxer638 is infamous around these parts
i also have a evo cai and fabspeed mulffer bypass pipes do you think the ecu flash would help me get the most out of my setup

Old 01-29-2010, 02:12 AM
Dervish is on a distinguished road
The really noticable thing is the torque and throttle response. The car just wants to 'go' at every opportunity. The moment you press the throttle you can an instant reaction from the car. It feels more alive and raw if that makes any sense...

Attached Images  
Old 01-29-2010, 09:54 AM
Jano4 has a spectacular aura aboutJano4 has a spectacular aura aboutJano4 has a spectacular aura about
Getting a dyno tune will always help your modifications work more effectively and is a must if you do anything major (FI, internal engine). The stock tune can only go so far.