996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

butt shot - what a difference

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 07:13 PM
jr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nice
butt shot - what a difference

While browsing thru my pics yesterday, I came across a butt shot of my 996 when it was all stock. I recall during the time, that butt looked pretty good. Seeing it yesterday, I was shocked to see how plain it was. Here's a before and after pic. What a difference a few mods make. I can't wait to get my aero wing on that butt. Surely gonna make an even bigger (and better) difference.

Before:

Now:

Old 06-13-2010, 12:07 AM
philooo is on a distinguished road
nice, what kind of rear bumper do you have ?

Old 06-13-2010, 10:02 AM
Brando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

Car looks great!

Originally Posted by philooo
nice, what kind of rear bumper do you have ?
Just a guess....."GT3Tek sideskirts & rear valance" in sig?

Old 06-13-2010, 06:38 PM
jr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nice
Originally Posted by Brando
Car looks great!

Just a guess....."GT3Tek sideskirts & rear valance" in sig?
yup, that is correct.

Old 06-13-2010, 11:41 PM
Doug996InKC will become famous soon enoughDoug996InKC will become famous soon enough
Looking good! Just put mine on last week. To anybody considering adding the GT3Tek diffuser, assure the exahust tips are moved down, as the add-on diffuser adds a few inches to the height above the tip. Also, it's recommended to "glue" the diffuser onto the bumper, instead of using only the 3M two-sides tape. With just the tape and supplied screws, it wouldn't take much speed for it to start to "flap".

Attached Images   
Old 06-14-2010, 12:37 AM
Originally Posted by Doug996InKC
Looking good! Just put mine on last week. To anybody considering adding the GT3Tek diffuser, assure the exahust tips are moved down, as the add-on diffuser adds a few inches to the height above the tip. Also, it's recommended to "glue" the diffuser onto the bumper, instead of using only the 3M two-sides tape. With just the tape and supplied screws, it wouldn't take much speed for it to start to "flap".
I'm not sure if there are any differences between our car, but I didn't have the need to move down my exhaust tips. But you are right that the diffuser does add to the height above the tip a bit. My tips did have a good clearance to the diffuser without moving down. I guess it all depends on which tips are used. It's a good precautionary measure though for others who are looking into getting this diffuser.

Old 06-14-2010, 07:02 AM
geetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant future
Looks great. I should be getting my diffuser this week. You don't think the 3M is enough?

Old 06-14-2010, 08:43 AM
johnnyreb2010 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jr1966
While browsing thru my pics yesterday, I came across a butt shot of my 996 when it was all stock. I recall during the time, that butt looked pretty good. Seeing it yesterday, I was shocked to see how plain it was. Here's a before and after pic. What a difference a few mods make. I can't wait to get my aero wing on that butt. Surely gonna make an even bigger (and better) difference.

Before:

Now:

super, i have a 02, but you can't see all of that underneath mine, or i would defintely do it, who did your tailights, or where did you get the material, & are they legal, also looking for some for headlights, i have one headlight i just can't seem to get clear enough

Old 06-14-2010, 11:05 AM
Doug996InKC will become famous soon enoughDoug996InKC will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by geetee
Looks great. I should be getting my diffuser this week. You don't think the 3M is enough?
The shop that's performed all my body work said it would not be enough. Another thing you have to realize, is that adding the diffuser adds some drag and a parachute effect, as the air is collected between the stock bumper and the diffuser. See photo below. Make no mistake... this is a cosmetic enhancement only.

Attached Images   
Old 06-14-2010, 11:17 AM
Omarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant future
this duffusers look great I wish they had one for my bumper...

Old 06-14-2010, 11:13 PM
MkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Doug996InKC
The shop that's performed all my body work said it would not be enough. Another thing you have to realize, is that adding the diffuser adds some drag and a parachute effect, as the air is collected between the stock bumper and the diffuser. See photo below. Make no mistake... this is a cosmetic enhancement only.

I installed it myself & the 3m tape is plenty enough...(with 3 screw on each side of the wheel well of course)..I just use wider tape than the one that came with it..

Old 06-20-2010, 11:44 AM
Cheekyguille is on a distinguished road
Nice rear

looks tempting....I have the same color coupe, all stock

Old 06-20-2010, 05:56 PM
gixxer638 is infamous around these partsgixxer638 is infamous around these partsgixxer638 is infamous around these partsgixxer638 is infamous around these partsgixxer638 is infamous around these parts
looks great i waiting for the 02 stuff from gt3 tek

Attached Images  

Last edited by gixxer638; 06-20-2010 at 06:02 PM.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:05 PM
geetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant future
The rear looks great...I just got mine and will have it painted this weekend.
Where do the 3 screws on each side go?

Old 06-20-2010, 08:59 PM
johnnyreb2010 is on a distinguished road
nice booty

Originally Posted by jr1966

Before:

Now:

what did you do to the taillights, is that a tint or what, i went to my local tint place, but they didn't do tint on headlights or tailights, or did you order them on ebay?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: butt shot - what a difference