996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Vertex Auto in Miami, Fl.

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 03-12-2011, 07:06 AM
Fozzybear is a glorious beacon of lightFozzybear is a glorious beacon of lightFozzybear is a glorious beacon of lightFozzybear is a glorious beacon of lightFozzybear is a glorious beacon of light
Interesting experience on Renntech

http://www.renntech.org/forums/index...vertexautocom/

Old 03-12-2011, 10:58 AM
The Dark Knight is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Fozzybear
What's so interesting about the Renntech post? It is the same as the 6speed post from 996SC here 2 posts before yours

Old 03-12-2011, 06:22 PM
Fozzybear is a glorious beacon of lightFozzybear is a glorious beacon of lightFozzybear is a glorious beacon of lightFozzybear is a glorious beacon of lightFozzybear is a glorious beacon of light
Well how 'bout that. Obviously missed that post.

Old 03-14-2011, 05:59 PM
996SC is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the PM

I didn't get feedback from Renntech so I decide to post here ...Thanks for the PM but like I said you don't how good a vendor is until a problem arise...I purchased several products from them over the years-Schnell Header, Short shift kit, exhaust tips.. etc...Their price was reasonable until now. The truth is I don't really have time to chase after every seller I buy from the web when they decide to stiff you. I thought I was reasonaly to exchange the part for a more another more expensive part since they sent me a defective part.

Old 10-15-2015, 04:42 AM
Myfirst911 is on a distinguished road
Great customer service / Good people / Great experience

Hello Everyone,
I'm french and i just bought a 1984 911 Porsche from Vertex that was shipped over to France by container. Their customer service is fantastic. Charles had been very responsive all the time. He even sent me some spare parts for free. If i have to buy an other classic Porsche, it will be from them.
IF you have to buy a Porsche car from them, just do it !
Didier GRIVET
Lyon, France

Old 07-18-2016, 02:59 PM
Faster_Gun is on a distinguished road
I just received lower control arms with replaceable ball joints for my 996TT. Upon inspecting the arms I was sent I noticed the retaining clip for the top of my ball joint boots was missing.

I called their service and sales line and was bounced around 4 times (not an exaggeration) and dropped. After calling back I was able to reach someone who is sending out the boot clip.

It is apparent that the arms are remanufactured, showing witnesses marks from what I must assume is a pickle fork. New OEM bushings were pressed in and appear to be okay.

We will see how smoothly the core return goes, however my first impression of these guys is not great. I will update accordingly.

Old 07-19-2016, 05:34 AM
dporto is on a distinguished road
I got a set of control arms (wishbones/coffin arms) with replaceable ball joints from them as well and the entire transaction went smoothly. I also got the "upgraded" lower control arms with urethane bushings.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average.