996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

What do you guys get for beater cars?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2005, 10:44 AM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
I got caught in the rain yesterday with the 911 and was so pissed!!! I hate driving it in the rain.... Today I'm driving the M3 just incase it comes down again.....

-Eli

Old 03-04-2005, 11:31 AM
collin996tt is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by Eli at Pelican
I got caught in the rain yesterday with the 911 and was so pissed!!! I hate driving it in the rain....
-Eli
Are u crazy? Buy an Italian trash next time.

It's like hating to drive a snowmobile in the snow, or a Land Rover in the dirt.

Old 03-04-2005, 11:37 AM
adiaz is on a distinguished road
I think the 996's handle well in the rain

Old 03-04-2005, 12:54 PM
Former Vendor
D2-Autosport is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by 7sport
1993 Ford Taurus Station Wagon, complete with rust spots and weather stripping peeling off the side.

Perfect car to keep the salt off the porsche in the winter
03 FORD Taurus Sedan, no rust though! LOL

Old 03-04-2005, 01:03 PM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
Originally posted by collin996tt
Are u crazy? Buy an Italian trash next time.

It's like hating to drive a snowmobile in the snow, or a Land Rover in the dirt.
Could not agree more Collin

Garage queens are for idiots, my uncle and me had his CGT out in the rain and so has Ben,lj

Old 03-04-2005, 01:18 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
IMO....

Let me clarify it a bit further…..

I have the 996 so I can enjoy it the way it is….. Because I live in Sunny (not recently though) California it makes it a 95% of the time a great car to drive.

But on the flip side 95% of the drivers are idiots out in the rain…. You would think that they issued BEER-GOGGLES to each and everyone of them. Once in a while you’ll bump into that idiot who is really one; he/she is driving 90MPH with a tire width of 155….

The rain generates pot holes scattering rocks and pebbles that are waiting to be chucked up in the you path….. Not to mention the potholes themselves….

If you have an alternate vehicle such as I do then why not??? The width of my traction on the M3 is 225 in the front and 245 in the rear still giving me a good amount of rubber to the pavement……

Not a garage queen but not the work horse either…. Would you take you vehicle off-road probably not but when should I use the other car? Rain is the perfect excuse for dusting off the M3 for a drive….

-Eli

Old 03-04-2005, 01:52 PM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
Re: IMO....

Whatever works Eli I prefer to drive my car everyday and get the most out of my $ and my smiles per mile!

Originally posted by Eli at Pelican
Let me clarify it a bit further…..

I have the 996 so I can enjoy it the way it is….. Because I live in Sunny (not recently though) California it makes it a 95% of the time a great car to drive.

But on the flip side 95% of the drivers are idiots out in the rain…. You would think that they issued BEER-GOGGLES to each and everyone of them. Once in a while you’ll bump into that idiot who is really one; he/she is driving 90MPH with a tire width of 155….

The rain generates pot holes scattering rocks and pebbles that are waiting to be chucked up in the you path….. Not to mention the potholes themselves….

If you have an alternate vehicle such as I do then why not??? The width of my traction on the M3 is 225 in the front and 245 in the rear still giving me a good amount of rubber to the pavement……

Not a garage queen but not the work horse either…. Would you take you vehicle off-road probably not but when should I use the other car? Rain is the perfect excuse for dusting off the M3 for a drive….

-Eli

Old 03-04-2005, 01:54 PM
Former Vendor
To each his own my man, to each his own.....

-Eli

Old 03-04-2005, 01:58 PM
stephsguy is on a distinguished road
04 Chevy 2500HD LS ext cab
and 05 Subaru Outback Turbo

Old 03-04-2005, 02:58 PM
CoreyNJ is on a distinguished road
My Carrera of course... They were meant to be driven... Though I may take the Cayenne 'S' I ordered for my wife and buy her a porsche 4 door when it comes out or a 987S next year. I need 4 Porsches like a hole in the head, but then again cars are one of my cheaper hobbies.

Old 03-04-2005, 06:53 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
my beater is BMW M3. I really love the e36 m3s. They feel so connected and for the weight the power is excellent.

Old 03-05-2005, 12:25 AM
mase is on a distinguished road
Scion xB
it's actually a great little car. my wife and I love it.
feels kinda like you're driving a RC car.

when it's free, you can't complain.

gas it and go!

Old 03-05-2005, 03:57 AM
dzy
dzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by mase
Scion xB
it's actually a great little car. my wife and I love it.
feels kinda like you're driving a RC car.

when it's free, you can't complain.

gas it and go!
Ok, the scion is cheap, but free?
Can you hook a brother up

Old 03-05-2005, 09:45 AM
Former Vendor
Originally posted by dzy
Ok, the scion is cheap, but free?
Can you hook a brother up
Yah, I'm with DZY on that.......

Old 03-05-2005, 12:22 PM
mase is on a distinguished road
I actually might be getting a couple more. another xB and maybe a tC this year.

I suppose I owe an explanation. I own a local based fashion magazine and Scion is 1 of our good clients and sponsors.

I even hold the pink slip!

it's all about the perks...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What do you guys get for beater cars?