996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

LED tail light installation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 02:52 PM
996PCarGo is a splendid one to behold996PCarGo is a splendid one to behold996PCarGo is a splendid one to behold996PCarGo is a splendid one to behold996PCarGo is a splendid one to behold996PCarGo is a splendid one to behold996PCarGo is a splendid one to behold996PCarGo is a splendid one to behold
Arrow I did a couple of searches and...

...there are not any real DIY posts for this that I could find...

Searched 996 LED tail lights installation... and zilch came up (a couple of not so helpful posts).

If someone knows of a link they should post it... Be helpful, yes?

To the poster I would say join one of the Renn forums... lots of DIYs there.

New Green performance air filter 996:
Green perfomance air filter for 996

New Schnell inhaler kit 996/997:
NIB Schnell Cold Air Inhaler w/caps

Mint “used” (600 mi.) Schnell inhaler kit 996/997:
Schnell Cold Air Inhaler w/caps & instructions

Sweet Callaway Tungsten Titanium clubs set:
Callaway GBB Tungsten/Ti golf clubs set...

Old 01-15-2011, 04:37 PM
emdog is on a distinguished road
Exactly. Nothing comes up. Tarek I don't know what you are talking about. There are some posts but they all just say that they got it working and than everyone just starts talking about the look of the lights. They all say get a flasher but don't show anything on how to install it. Tarek, YOU started one of these posts because you didn't know how to install... I guess you either figured it out or came across some instructions.....either way I can't find any. So if you want to lost a link, go ahead. You could hve posted the link 15 posts ago rather than telling me to search.

Old 01-16-2011, 11:47 AM
Wheelman is on a distinguished road
The side lights (little plug u don't connect) is already wired in with your led tail lights. If u connect it, you will keep blowing a fuse.

My previous post had a pic attached that showed what wires go where from oem light to led. Other than that, there is only a 10 mm bolt holding tail light in place connected to wiring harness.

Old 01-20-2011, 09:33 PM
Thklinge can only hope to improve
Is there a way to disconnect the sidelights? They're annoying and not road legal here.

Old 01-22-2011, 11:54 PM
emdog is on a distinguished road
Thanks wheelman!! I finally had some time to do this and your picture made it super easy. You should post a sticky of that picture.

Old 01-28-2012, 09:54 PM
Mr Carrera is on a distinguished road
Wheel man,,,

Originally Posted by Wheelman
Connecting the little wire will blow the fuse. Attached below is an image of the wires to connect where.

You may or maynot need a flasher relay if you have hyperblinking on the turn signals. If you do then you can buy them here..

superbrightleds. com. part #CF13GL-02

Does your car have Porsche Stability System and factory spoiler that deploys at 75mph? If it does have PSM and factory spoiler then you will need to buy load equalizers to trick the computer into thinking that it has bulbs connected to it. Somehow the PSM/ABS are connected to the tail lights and at 75 mph when the spoiler deploys, the dummy lights will light up. Buying the load equalizers will take care of that.

hope that helps
Wheelmen..how And
Wheredo I install load equalizes and where do I buy them??? I installed led tail lights but the PSM dash light remains on.... I welcome your reply..