996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

IMS Upgrade from INSARO

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 09:36 PM
SerGeam is on a distinguished road
Smile IMS Upgrade from INSARO

SORRY !!! - I just saw there was another post on this !

Guys,

I don't know if you already know of it, but there is an IMS upgrade available from a Spanish company called INSARO.

Check out: http://www.insaroims.com/index.php

p.s. if you use Google Chrome, it will automatically translate the page for you.

Cheers,

Serge

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 01-20-2019 at 01:05 PM.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:18 PM
CoffeeMan is on a distinguished road
have seen the LN engineering bearing heard good things, however this looks impressive

Old 01-20-2019, 07:19 AM
Eric Auderset is an unknown quantity at this point
My experience

Hi! A post to explain my experience with the break of the ims. I bought a 996 mk1 cabrio used, a fantastic car that also had the assurance that the ims of origin had been changed by a double kit of Insaro .. the warranty seemed total .. well.
In short, the Insaro kit has failed with 40,000 kms .. although out of warranty period (I do not use the Porsche very often), you will agree that they are few kilometers, with the result you can imagine. Yes, the same that had to protect the engine has disintegrated destroying everything in its path.
The worst thing is that after the breakdown from Insaro they did not take the phone to my mechanic and when they finally did they asked for a series of pieces to find out what could have happened ... we sent them and ... from there on only answer and impossible to get an answer. Unfortunately many others affected if they have responded in the forums explaining what we fear ... Insanity is missing since their kits began to give problems and has no interest in finding out why their kits fail. The opinion of my mechanic is that no matter how well sold the components are of very low quality and are bound to break.