996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Extreme Makeover Part II

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 10:52 AM
Modaholic
Kevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for all of the kind words guys!! Its appreciated

Originally posted by MGoBlue
That looks amazing, your work is dynamite. How long did this
take you?
I would say interior took about 50-60 hours, thats everything from installing gauges, stripping, sanding, primer, preppping, then painting, then a clear coat, then re installing everything, also I moved the oil line housing over and re-located my ice chest for the cool shirt.

When do you race next? Where?
Ken I will be at Willow Springs this Friday, Satuday & Sunday, leaving this morning actually! Anyone live in that area or near by should come out to see some Vintage Porsches racing!

Be sure to bring this car to the Fresno Concours next month! This is really nice! Good job
Gary, I was going to but I have a race at Buttonwillow that same weekend, so I won't be able to make it this year.

Old 04-22-2005, 02:30 PM
LittleJohny is on a distinguished road
how come you installed the tachometer at an angle? To have 0 pointing down? Doesn't it look a little weird?

Nice car though, still

Old 04-22-2005, 04:31 PM
Dev911 is just really niceDev911 is just really niceDev911 is just really niceDev911 is just really nice
It's a racing thing.
Great job, I'll take one.

Old 04-22-2005, 04:40 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Sweet!!!!

Old 04-24-2005, 08:30 AM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
Beautiful job Kevin!
Love the 911 R tail lights.

Old 04-29-2005, 10:33 PM
CABRIO C4 is on a distinguished road
Car looks great... Well done

Old 04-30-2005, 12:55 AM
Modaholic
Kevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Guys!!
Had a great time at Willow Springs, car ran great!!
Got down to a 1:39 for fastest lap time
Some more pics

Ready to roll...

at the track....

Chris AKA Toothzilla.. and his pit crew AKA Wife Michelle

Last edited by Kevin M; 05-02-2005 at 02:34 AM.
Old 04-30-2005, 08:24 AM
zwodubber is on a distinguished road
The car looks great and I love the trailer wheels

Old 04-30-2005, 10:07 AM
ESK
Hick from NH
ESK is on a distinguished road
Kevin,

You are incredible! I wish I lived closer to you so I could just hand you my car and say "bring it back when your finished!" After all this work, it belongs in the Porsche museum, not on a race track!

Eric

Old 04-30-2005, 01:48 PM
Sharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud of
man thats a hot setup!! love the wheels on the trailer, i'm drooling !!

Old 04-30-2005, 02:07 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Nice trailer wheels!

Old 04-30-2005, 06:12 PM
Vrrrroooooomm
GT-Racer is on a distinguished road
Hey Kevin,

What a stunning beauty!!! What a job you've done... I'll be doing something similar soon and will need your advice... I haven’t spent much time on 6S lately… Let’s catch up! I hope to see you on May 7. Which one are you bringing? Bring the RS...

Luis

Old 05-02-2005, 02:41 AM
Modaholic
Hey Luis! Nice to hear from you, Will catch up on the 7th, i'm bringing the 996, believe it or not the RS is louder then yours

Old 05-02-2005, 11:06 AM
teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !
Originally posted by LittleJohny
how come you installed the tachometer at an angle? To have 0 pointing down? Doesn't it look a little weird?

Nice car though, still
Tachs on track/race cars are often installed that way since you're always shifting at close to redline, so having the redline so the needle is pointed straight up makes it very easy to figure out when to shift.

MAN THAT CAR IS SWEEEEEET!!!!!

Old 05-02-2005, 02:24 PM
Vrrrroooooomm
GT-Racer is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by Kevin M
Hey Luis! Nice to hear from you, Will catch up on the 7th, i'm bringing the 996, believe it or not the RS is louder then yours
Hahaha, I believe you, the pitch of your engine has to be so scary high... See you on the 7th!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Extreme Makeover Part II