996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

'99 C2 to Turbo Cab Conversion????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 01:57 AM
Gator996 is on a distinguished road
Oh yeah, Stan you got a excellent deal for a factory rear with the grills & fastners for that price. Get the C4s extenders from Sunset, real cheap (like $35 USD I think) and Quad pipes (there's a shop selling new sets on Ebay for around $360 and I think they're based in Canada).

Bob said, "Looks like a different car with the hood, side skirts, wheels, bumpers & tail. Very aggressive"

I said, "With all that stuff it should!"
(but I have to admit, it DRIVES like a different car with PSS-9's & sways)

Last edited by Gator996; 11-18-2005 at 05:22 AM.
Old 11-18-2005, 09:22 AM
stanm5 is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by Gator996
Oh yeah, Stan you got a excellent deal for a factory rear with the grills & fastners for that price. Get the C4s extenders from Sunset, real cheap (like $35 USD I think) and Quad pipes (there's a shop selling new sets on Ebay for around $360 and I think they're based in Canada).

Bob said, "Looks like a different car with the hood, side skirts, wheels, bumpers & tail. Very aggressive"

I said, "With all that stuff it should!"
(but I have to admit, it DRIVES like a different car with PSS-9's & sways)

Gator,
Thanks for the great write up. I already have the X50 tips, love the look of them! I didn't know about the C4S extenders, great tip as I was going to have some custom pipes made. Do you have the part numbers?
Can you email me Don's install write up? Did you install yours as Don did (with it being slightly off) or did you modify the cover first? Also, which sways did you go with? I've been considering GT3's.
Do you have pics of your car?
Thanks and Regards,
Stan

my email: stanley.marcovici@turnkey-corporation.com

Old 11-18-2005, 12:54 PM
I don't have the C4s extender part no.'s but give Camille a call at Foreign Affairs and she'll have 'em. 954-746-0488. She's real good...

I never modified the cover and installed it non-flush. As modified as my car is now, I don't lose sleep over it.

I ordered MO30 sways since I really didn't need the adjustability of the GT-3's as I don't track the car (yet?), benefits are marginal for a street car and the cost to install is higher. MO30's are really cheap (Call Sunset) and simple to install...no need for anything other than the bars themselves.

I can't tell you how happy I am with the suspension. I'm sure the MO30 setup is nice but I got a decent price on basically new PSS-9's from bumblebee (Thanks Alberto!) and I love 'em.

I'll have pics soon and I'll send you the e-mail I got from Don. I should still have it in my Renntech account.

Old 11-18-2005, 02:41 PM
evo_333 will become famous soon enoughevo_333 will become famous soon enough
Gator, awesome write-up! This really helped, thanks.

Old 11-18-2005, 09:05 PM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
Great write up guys. I really NEED to see the pics, Gator. I want to do this mod but also the hood mod is tempting(993 hood).

Robert,
Your car does look great.

Old 11-19-2005, 05:49 AM
Neil,

Hope to get some pics done real soon. Funny, I wanted to take some pics and then sell my hood.

If you're interested, I bought it in July from Evan at FVD when they put them on sale.

I bought it for $1,850 (reg. $3,200) and had it painted Zenith Metallic Blue. If you were interested I would be willing to sell it for $1,400.

Its basically new, made out of carbon kevlar, and weighs 14lbs.

It would include the lightweight hood shocks and a mesh grill for the vent. Since the gel coat has already been prepped & painted it should make re-painting in Lapis Blue much easier.

I could get it boxed and would ship thru Greyhound. They take odd sized large packages, are very quick, and cheap. If you're near a Greyhound terminal it the best cheap & fast way to ship large auto parts.

I actually got my Turbo rear bumper sent to me this way after it was painted. Alabama to San Fran took less than a week for $50.

Only pain is that you have to pick it up rather than having it delivered to your door.

Last edited by Gator996; 11-19-2005 at 06:16 AM.
Old 11-19-2005, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by neil.schneider
Great write up guys. I really NEED to see the pics, Gator. I want to do this mod but also the hood mod is tempting(993 hood).

Robert,
Your car does look great.

Neil,
Our cars will be twins.
Cheers,
Stan

PS I agree, Robert's car does look great!

Old 11-19-2005, 09:32 AM
RobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of light
Hey which Robert??? or both???

I also changed my front bumper = GT-2 with the fin painted black

Last edited by RobertM; 11-19-2005 at 09:34 AM.
Old 11-19-2005, 09:35 AM
RobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of light
here is the front with a GT-2 front spoiler

Attached Images  
Old 11-19-2005, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by RobertM
Hey which Robert??? or both???

I also changed my front bumper = GT-2 with the fin painted black

Not sure which other Robert, I was talking about your car....looks great.

Old 11-19-2005, 01:38 PM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
I was talking about your car zoom.

Gator,
Let me know when you sell and I will decide based on my finances at the time. Sometimes I think that all these mods are a waste of $, but I do like the look. No one else Except the guys on the board) even notices....so sad.

Old 11-19-2005, 01:40 PM
Yea Stan,
But yours handles better with the Pss9s.

Old 11-19-2005, 02:26 PM
evo_333 will become famous soon enoughevo_333 will become famous soon enough
Robert, the GT2 front looks amazing. I like how you painted the fins black. nice touch

Old 11-20-2005, 07:37 AM
thanks Jon,
Your machine is extremly sweet, can you post some pics.

I really wanted the air ducts to have some mass, similar to the RUF front bumper, but they wanted crazy dollars for it. I thought that the TectArt spoiler was to aggressive for a narrow body and found a GT-2 on the internet with the fins painted black. It was exactly what I wanted. The body shop did a great job on it. BUT there is a little gap between the light and the bumper. I would give the install a rating of a 8.5.

The lip on the spoiler is very low, I will normally bottom out on a steep driveway. I have to be very careful.

Old 12-24-2005, 09:59 PM
Hey what ever happened to this thread??? What mods did everyone do??? I just got home from the dealer and I'm back on the track of trying to find a bodyshop that will do a turn key job. Any recommendations???

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: '99 C2 to Turbo Cab Conversion????