996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Check Engine light -- air leak -- Car Faster

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 09:50 PM
Mike 996C4 is on a distinguished road
Check Engine light -- air leak -- Car Faster

Hey guys .. asking for your advice on this ... recently my CEL came on and I noticed that the car seemed alot more responsive and quicker ... brought it to my mechanic and he said it was a air leak ... I made an appt to get it fixed but in the meantime, my mechanic cleared the codes for me .... since clearing the codes, I just can't believe the difference in response again ... seems like its dragging *** ... after a couple of days .. the CEL came back on, and bang .. the car is flying again ... honestly have to say, I like how the car runs with the CEL on better .... What can mods can I do to make this car run like that without the light on? The only mods I have at the moment is the EVO Intake and the Finster D mufflers (which are being sent to my mechanic as Iam writing this ... hence the reason why Iam waiting to get the CEL fixed ... figure kill two birds with one stone) ...

Such a huge difference with that light on ... seems like thats how the car should run from the beginning ...
Thanks for any input ..