6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   996 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996-11/)
-   -   Road Trip! (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996/279471-road-trip.html)

Andy_118th 06-23-2012 03:17 PM

Road Trip!

Currently a very close friend of mine, my best friend, which I am also deployed with at this time, are planning a road trip across the US. It is a non-event trip. We are looking for any help, support, or sponsorship possible. Weither it be meeting up for coffee, a floor to sleep on, anything, it would be greatly appreciated. We also would not mind touching base with any othe the other 6speeders along the way. If interested in helping out or meeting up while passing through my email is andrew.p.kightlinger@us.army.mil but is easier to reach me on apk3rd20thsfoda@gmail.com

The dates are as follows:

Start: Charleston, SC Jan 13th
1.New Orleans, LA Jan 14th
2.Austin, TX Jan 15th
3.Santa Fe, NM Jan16th
4.Las Vegas, NV Jan 17th
5. Los Angeles, CA Jan 19th
6. Redding, CA Jan 20th
7.Denver, CO Jan 22nd
8.Chicago, IL Jan 23rd
9.Uniontown, PA Jan 24th
10.New York City, New York Jan 25th
End: Charleston, SC Jan 28th

denversteve 06-24-2012 05:08 PM

For me you would have to be much more specific. A road trip usually requires a vehicle, some gas, maybe a couple quarts of oil, a gallon of distilled water and some windshield washer fluid. In fact, I just got back from L.A. and only used the washer fluid. What type of special event is this you are seeking assistance or sponsorship for?

Andy_118th 06-24-2012 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by denversteve (Post 3576427)
For me you would have to be much more specific. A road trip usually requires a vehicle, some gas, maybe a couple quarts of oil, a gallon of distilled water and some windshield washer fluid. What type of special event is this you are seeking assistance or sponsorship for?

2001 supercharged porsche 996. best friend and i are currently deployed under OEF with the Army and looking at redeploying at the end of febuary. just a get away roadtrip that we want to document. any help sponsorship or support would be greatly appreciated.

denversteve 06-24-2012 05:22 PM

Still not specific. What type of support? For what special organization or cause. I know nobody would come on and just be asking for personal handouts so they could drive their expensive car across the country. So (in complete detail) what would be the cause you are seeking support for?

Andy_118th 06-24-2012 05:26 PM

the car was given to me, it is honestly just a road trip before we redeploy. we are just looking for help, even if it is a cupof coffe a floor to sleep on or couch, anything.

denversteve 06-24-2012 05:40 PM

Gotcha. My advice, for what it's worth, is that you state in your original post that you're traveling across the country and would love to touch base with some other 6speeders. Support and sponsorship, for a non-event and for a new member who hasn't been around establishing some .... something... would be a hard sell. Some, I'm sure would meet up for coffee. I, like many I suppose, don't bring strangers into the home. You should have a great trip as driving across this great country is always a pleasure.

Andy_118th 06-24-2012 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Andy_118th (Post 3576436)
2001 supercharged porsche 996. best friend and i are currently deployed under OEF with the Army and looking at redeploying at the end of febuary. just a get away roadtrip that we want to document. any help sponsorship or support would be greatly appreciated.

Originally Posted by denversteve (Post 3576461)
Gotcha. My advice, for what it's worth, is that you state in your original post that you're traveling across the country and would love to touch base with some other 6speeders. Support and sponsorship, for a non-event and for a new member who hasn't been around establishing some .... something... would be a hard sell. Some, I'm sure would meet up for coffee. I, like many I suppose, don't bring strangers into the home. You should have a great trip as driving across this great country is always a pleasure.

i completely understand that and appreciate the advice.