996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Road Trip!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 03:17 PM
Andy_118th is on a distinguished road
Road Trip!

Currently a very close friend of mine, my best friend, which I am also deployed with at this time, are planning a road trip across the US. It is a non-event trip. We are looking for any help, support, or sponsorship possible. Weither it be meeting up for coffee, a floor to sleep on, anything, it would be greatly appreciated. We also would not mind touching base with any othe the other 6speeders along the way. If interested in helping out or meeting up while passing through my email is andrew.p.kightlinger@us.army.mil but is easier to reach me on apk3rd20thsfoda@gmail.com

The dates are as follows:

Start: Charleston, SC Jan 13th
1.New Orleans, LA Jan 14th
2.Austin, TX Jan 15th
3.Santa Fe, NM Jan16th
4.Las Vegas, NV Jan 17th
5. Los Angeles, CA Jan 19th
6. Redding, CA Jan 20th
7.Denver, CO Jan 22nd
8.Chicago, IL Jan 23rd
9.Uniontown, PA Jan 24th
10.New York City, New York Jan 25th
End: Charleston, SC Jan 28th

Last edited by Andy_118th; 06-24-2012 at 05:53 PM.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:08 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
For me you would have to be much more specific. A road trip usually requires a vehicle, some gas, maybe a couple quarts of oil, a gallon of distilled water and some windshield washer fluid. In fact, I just got back from L.A. and only used the washer fluid. What type of special event is this you are seeking assistance or sponsorship for?

Last edited by denversteve; 06-24-2012 at 05:15 PM.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:13 PM
Originally Posted by denversteve
For me you would have to be much more specific. A road trip usually requires a vehicle, some gas, maybe a couple quarts of oil, a gallon of distilled water and some windshield washer fluid. What type of special event is this you are seeking assistance or sponsorship for?

2001 supercharged porsche 996. best friend and i are currently deployed under OEF with the Army and looking at redeploying at the end of febuary. just a get away roadtrip that we want to document. any help sponsorship or support would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Andy_118th; 06-24-2012 at 05:17 PM.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:22 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
Still not specific. What type of support? For what special organization or cause. I know nobody would come on and just be asking for personal handouts so they could drive their expensive car across the country. So (in complete detail) what would be the cause you are seeking support for?

Old 06-24-2012, 05:26 PM
the car was given to me, it is honestly just a road trip before we redeploy. we are just looking for help, even if it is a cupof coffe a floor to sleep on or couch, anything.

Old 06-24-2012, 05:40 PM
Gotcha. My advice, for what it's worth, is that you state in your original post that you're traveling across the country and would love to touch base with some other 6speeders. Support and sponsorship, for a non-event and for a new member who hasn't been around establishing some .... something... would be a hard sell. Some, I'm sure would meet up for coffee. I, like many I suppose, don't bring strangers into the home. You should have a great trip as driving across this great country is always a pleasure.

Old 06-24-2012, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by Andy_118th
2001 supercharged porsche 996. best friend and i are currently deployed under OEF with the Army and looking at redeploying at the end of febuary. just a get away roadtrip that we want to document. any help sponsorship or support would be greatly appreciated.
Originally Posted by denversteve
Gotcha. My advice, for what it's worth, is that you state in your original post that you're traveling across the country and would love to touch base with some other 6speeders. Support and sponsorship, for a non-event and for a new member who hasn't been around establishing some .... something... would be a hard sell. Some, I'm sure would meet up for coffee. I, like many I suppose, don't bring strangers into the home. You should have a great trip as driving across this great country is always a pleasure.
i completely understand that and appreciate the advice.