996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

2003 C4S option code questions and a question about the full leather option

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 11:41 AM
d1 guy will become famous soon enoughd1 guy will become famous soon enough
2003 C4S option code questions and a question about the full leather option

Hi everyone. I just had my VIN decoded by Suncoast. I have a few questions about some of the options that have left me a bit puzzled.

Option Code 490- listed as Klangpaket Harmann - This has something to do with the radio.....but I dont know what. I thought it might be the hifi sound control, but its not in my car. Just the little cd holder is all.

Also, my car is listed with comfort seats and full leather interior. I have the stitching on my dash, door panels, rear panels, etc, but my the centers of my seats are perforated leather instead of the wavy solid leather in the centers. Did the the supple leather seat centers come with the full leather package or was it a different option other than the full leather interior option?

Thanks so much in advance for clearing up some of my questions.

Old 09-07-2012, 01:09 PM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
I've also got a C4S, and the full-leather interior is a standard feature. I also have the comfort seat option with full lumbar support, as well as smooth, perforated leather. The supple leather option was available, but not a standard feature with the full-leather interior.

Code 490 is the option for the Hi-fi sound system, as far as I can tell. I'm surprised you don't have the controller in your dash for this system. It's possible that it was removed by a previous owner. Are the rest of your stereo components original? What's below the CD holder - is it an empty cubby?

Last edited by Dennis C; 09-07-2012 at 01:20 PM.
Old 09-08-2012, 06:08 PM
d1 guy will become famous soon enoughd1 guy will become famous soon enough
Just a cubby hole was there. I ordered the alpine 920 to replace the factory unit. I looked and the plugs are there for the hifi sound. I guess it just got removed for some reason in the past. I bought that install kit off of eBay. I'm pretty excited about having a half way decent radio

Old 09-09-2012, 07:44 AM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
I upgraded my stereo with a Kenwood unit. It made the car feel much more modern.

Last edited by Dennis C; 09-09-2012 at 09:03 AM.