996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

PICS - Speed Yellow 2000 996 CAB Detailed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 09:43 PM
hitman is on a distinguished road
PICS - Speed Yellow 2000 996 CAB Detailed

Thought I would post a couple pics after some detailing of my cab with Autogeek products. It has been in the garage and car covered for a while.

Thanks!

Old 09-10-2012, 09:55 PM
afletche has a spectacular aura aboutafletche has a spectacular aura about
this looks great. it's amazing how a 12-13 year old car can look so good.

what spoiler is that? i have a 2000 cab and the stock spoiler looks bad as the paint has all faded, so i either need to get it repainted or replaced, and if i'm gonna spend cash i may as well get a cool spoiler.

also, did you paint your interior components yourself? i am thinking about adding some yellow or silver touches here and there.

cheers, alan

Old 09-10-2012, 10:07 PM
Originally Posted by afletche
this looks great. it's amazing how a 12-13 year old car can look so good.

what spoiler is that? i have a 2000 cab and the stock spoiler looks bad as the paint has all faded, so i either need to get it repainted or replaced, and if i'm gonna spend cash i may as well get a cool spoiler.

also, did you paint your interior components yourself? i am thinking about adding some yellow or silver touches here and there.

cheers, alan
Hello Alan, thanks for the feedback! The wing is a Misha GT2M http://misha911.com/gallery/996/996_..._on_Yellow.htm

Very good wing and have had no issues with it. I had the interior components professionally painted by the same body shop that installed my bodykit. I removed all of the pieces myself and then reinstalled them after they prepped and painted them. The quality is very good and extremely durable. I have seen on the threads several people who have prepped and painted their own components themselves.

Old 09-11-2012, 10:50 AM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
Looks great!

Old 09-11-2012, 11:06 AM
Purplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud of
Agreed. People get down on the 996 all the time, but I think its a great example in the Porsche heritage.

Sure its not the newest body style. Sure its not air cooled. But it looks great and is a lot of fun. I also find them as the "modern hot rod" as many of the 996s are easily customized for performance and style and they are "cheap" enough these days that many people can get into doing it. Plus, the end results can be awesome.

Cheers
Aaron

Old 09-11-2012, 12:26 PM
teoulennon is on a distinguished road
Looks great! How did you tint the headlights? Any more pics of them?

Old 09-11-2012, 03:59 PM
Originally Posted by teoulennon
Looks great! How did you tint the headlights? Any more pics of them?
Thanks, yea the headlights standout and look factory. This was performed at the shop I have had a number of cars customized including a NSX I had that we took to SEMA in 2006. The process I assume can be performed in the same way, but forgive me if I do not have all of the technical details.

Here is a photo as well, and can post a better one. They sanded the headlights to remove the very hard clear coat from the factory and then polished and tinted the lights. They followed up with a similer hard clear coat and baked and polished again. Not sure of course of the process and steps, but they look great either day or night.

Old 09-12-2012, 03:30 AM
jml3p is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Dennis C
Looks great!

Plus one !

Old 09-12-2012, 07:44 AM
alpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond repute
Looks great. I could spend hours on Autogeek.

Just bought the Ultima Waterless Wash to use as a Quick Detailer and I'm happy with it. Each QD spray bottle's worth ends up being $0.63. Can't beat that and seems to be a lot more slick than Optimums version.

Headlights seem a bit dark for me personally. I'm gonna try the tinted vinyl route soon with mine so that it's easily reversible if I don't like it or for resale.

Old 09-12-2012, 01:46 PM
nottoshabi is on a distinguished road
That bumper with the lip is fantastic. I think its sticks out more cause the car is yellow. Absolutely gorgeous.

Old 09-12-2012, 01:50 PM
Viper3812 is on a distinguished road
By far one of the best colors on a Porsche today!

Old 09-12-2012, 07:49 PM
TrooperPT is on a distinguished road
Wow, nicer than my yellow 996!

Old 09-12-2012, 09:36 PM
Thanks everyone for the great feedback. The front lip was a trial and error type of modification with it first being way to low and cracking it not once but three times!

The body shop said enough, so they trimmed it as well as padded the underside which gave it a lot more durability. Although since moving to Las Vegas and having a low drive way, I have not had to worry about it, although it clears entrance ways just fine now.

Old 09-12-2012, 10:00 PM
Purplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud of
Can you send some close up pics of the foam in the lip? I have the same setup but haven't installed it yet. Would like to see where you ended up.

Cheers
Aaron

Old 09-13-2012, 12:53 AM
Tarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond repute
Nice, in my opinion those black headlight covers are ghetto, car would look much cleaner without..just my opinion

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: PICS - Speed Yellow 2000 996 CAB Detailed