6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   996 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996-11/)
-   -   Anyone used RejeX before? (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996/294-anyone-used-rejex-before.html)

Orient Express 07-17-2003 05:23 PM

Anyone used RejeX before?

I have just recieved a bottle of RejeX to treat the wheels and exhaust system of my Cab, and was wondering if anyone else has used it before.

RejeX is a polymer coating that seals painted and unpainted metal, glass, gelcoat and plexiglass sufaces against stains from exhaust gases, oil, grease, bug and bird accretion, tar, etc.

After it is applied it must be allowed to set up for 12 hours, then it forms a "glass-like" barrier.

It is a white cream, that you wipe on like wax, let it dry to a haze , then wipe off and buff.

I put it on my wheels in hope that it will keep brake dust from accumulating on the wheel. We will see this weekend how it does.

The company that makes this stuff makets primarily to the military, aviation and transportation markets.

RejeX

Bobby 07-18-2003 06:47 AM

Please tell us the results.
If the dust goes away only with water it will be marbelous.
Every weekend I must clean the wheels for 20 minutes. I have the Sportclassic II, and they take work to keep something clean.

b-man 07-21-2003 08:40 AM

Orient Express, I'm waiting for your opinion of this product's ability to protect wheels from brake dust and ease wheel cleaning after your weekend's activities. Thanks in advance.

b-man

Orient Express 07-21-2003 09:13 AM

This stuff is great!

I just came back from a weekend down in Monterey, and must say that I am really impressed with RejeX.

I got next to no bug splats on either th windshield, or the front of the car, and the wheels are fantastic. Just a very slight covering of dust, but from 5 feet away, you would swear that they were just washed.

It looks like this stuff is a winner. Now the next question is how long it will last before I need to apply another coat.

I'd say buy it!

b-man 07-21-2003 11:16 AM

Thanks, I just called them and placed my order. I'm really not an impulse buyer but, I have this thing about dirty wheels.

b-man

Kevin M 07-21-2003 10:27 PM

Gary, I just ordered a bottle... glad you liked it!!

Ken 07-22-2003 07:45 AM

I ordered mine - someone should see if they want to be a sponsor of the site....

C4C_leon 07-24-2003 03:51 PM

The site seems to suggest you can use it instead of wax...
I'll order one and try it on the wheels first, then I might conider actual bodywork.

Itzkirb 07-24-2003 04:44 PM

Just placed an order myself

Itzkirb 07-24-2003 04:46 PM

I actually think I order two by accident, damn refresh button.

Hope this stuff is good.

Orient Express 07-24-2003 07:44 PM

I just got done cleaning my wheels with a damp microfibre towel, in about 3 minutes.

The wheels are as good as new, still shiny and slick.

I also took it to what I could reach of the mufflers and headers, and now they look like the stainless has a polished silver look on it, Even the headers look good.

I think I like this stuff!:p

tme 07-27-2003 11:56 AM

Just ordered it up....... hope it's that good....

Itzkirb 08-01-2003 09:01 PM

How long did it take for you guys to get your RejeX? I ordered mine a few weeks ago and still have not received it yet?

KarlS 08-01-2003 09:44 PM

Same here. I ordered off the web site when this thread first appeared. Haven't gotten any confirmation and no product.

Karl

Ken 08-01-2003 11:42 PM

Got mine within a week. Give 'em a call.