996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

New member here, needs some help :)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 04:07 PM
rohan is on a distinguished road
New member here, needs some help :)

Hey guys lookin to add this car the garage, just trying to get some info. Not very knowlegable on 996s... How reliable are these cars? According to the dealer the car is pristine and is making around 480ish to the wheels. any info would be greatly appreciated.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...item4170590f93
Thanks
Rohan

Old 01-31-2013, 04:29 PM
B8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond repute
Unless you really like the body add-ons then it is arguably overpriced. Easy to take any other 01 turbo and drop in K24 turbos w/ 18G update and hit around that HP. ~$5-7k or so to do that.

BTW post in the 996 Turbo section. 996 NA different animal with own quirks.

Last edited by B8_RDC; 01-31-2013 at 04:32 PM.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:39 PM
rohan is on a distinguished road
Thanks B8..
The motor is not stock either.
I am having the dealer pull some receipts on the work done to the motor.
So his claim of $35k+ done to upgrade the motor/turbos is bogus?

I'll repost on 996 turbo section as well.
Thanks again

Old 01-31-2013, 09:37 PM
Hurdigurdiman is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down

You asked for opinions. Heres mine which I know you will not like. My first sight of that car without even looking into it is that it has been altered or modded by some would be racing car driver. It screams out. Young Punk. I would spin on my heels no matter what price tag was on the car. OH Thats only I M H O though. Please dont reply giving me all kinds of abuse. Better that you put your time into looking for a decent looking, un-malested 996. They are out there.

Old 02-01-2013, 06:10 AM
FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !
Walk, lot's of cars aou there for mid to upper 40's.

Old 02-01-2013, 11:40 AM
PCCB is on a distinguished road
I wouldn't touch that abomination with a ten foot pole.
such a screaming example of bad taste. A pimp my ride project. Sorry for the harshness but you seem such a nice guy and the price is as pimped up as the car.
Many good 996s are out there take your time.

Old 02-01-2013, 01:19 PM
yo_clarkie is on a distinguished road
There are some very expensive vendors used in this build and the spend $$ doesn't surprise me. It might be perfect, it might be a dog, but there is one obvious way to check it out, get it inspected by a Porsche speed shop and get it on a dyno.

Its more common to mod your own, and not buy one pre modded. The norm is to take the factory bits off and wrap them in old sheets and clutter up the garage with the view that it must be returned to stock to sell, otherwise you get the scepticism as per above.

My 10c if it checks out, its unique and could easily amuse you for years. Very little on the road will ever be able to overtake it - possibly until the end of time as massive fuel consumption goes out of style. And on the track, well, not sure you could find a reason to tack anything else on.

I imagine the widening has completely stuffed the handling though, its unlikely to be better than stock, and possibly worse. But might be worth checking out also.