996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Another Trunk Lid Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 05:19 PM
JohnnyRocker is on a distinguished road
The Cable

Once I had the lid open and I removed the headlight (passenger side) I couldn't see the loop. I had already attached my extension wire by the time I pulled the headlight and all I could see was my extension wire behind the light housing. I bet I could have used a mirror and something to fish around and find it, but It was under the plastic housing of the headlight.

You can easily see a section of the wire going under the front part of the headlight housing. You might be able to pull/snake around to the front loop that way. That might be a way to add an extension wire to the loop. the extension wire's purpose is to access the release without removing the wheel (my theory soon to be attempted..). I don't think its possible to reach the loop from the wheel well without jacking the car and removing the wheel and liner - but that's my opinion.

Old 07-08-2013, 05:52 PM
Basic Sponsor
PelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond repute
One of the first things we do when we get a Boxster or 996 project car here at Pelican is run the emergency release wire from the trunk out to the tow hook hole in the front bumper, that way if you ever get stuck you can just pop out the tow hook plug and get instant access to the cable. Saves a ton of time and aggravation next time you get locked out of your trunk.

Give it a try, works well!

Mark/Pelican Parts

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 07-08-2013, 06:34 PM
PoRsChE_ShIfTiN has a spectacular aura aboutPoRsChE_ShIfTiN has a spectacular aura aboutPoRsChE_ShIfTiN has a spectacular aura about
Smart! I may actually do that with my car

Old 07-09-2013, 04:25 AM
Wausau 911 is on a distinguished road
Pelican, got a similar idea for moving the engine lid E wire?

Old 07-10-2013, 10:20 AM
Basic Sponsor
PelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond repute
Wausau- we haven't done a relo on that yet but we'll take a look and share what we find when done. Thanks for asking!

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 08-21-2018, 10:35 PM
machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !
Having same problem!

Did the part you ordered ever fix this? My car is doing the same thing! I can hear it try to open but it won’t pop? Anyone ever figure this out?

Old 08-22-2018, 02:49 AM
JohnnyRocker is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by machinegunt
Did the part you ordered ever fix this? My car is doing the same thing! I can hear it try to open but it won’t pop? Anyone ever figure this out?
Yes, I ordered part (996-511-127-00-M100 - https://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin...11-127-00-M100). This is all it needed.

It was easy to replace and I'm just an average DIYer. Replaced it on my 2004 996 in the summer of 2013 and it's worked flawless ever since.

Easy $80 fix -good luck.

Johnny