996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Champion Wheels Vibration In Rain Because Of Groove On The Inside Lip

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 02:57 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by trozenhorse
what does that mean? you fix em?
Yes sir.....

Bent, folded, chipped, cracked, curb rash, chrome, polish etc. etc.

You bend them I fix them...

-Eli

Old 08-17-2005, 03:02 PM
trozenhorse is infamous around these parts
fantastic...i will keep this handy please email me your complete contact info.....thanks

trozenwald@manhattaninc.com

Old 08-17-2005, 03:20 PM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
Water is fluid, it will distribute itself evenly out over the surface of a wheel indention, not collect in one spot. How can water collect in one spot while rotating? It can't. This is basic fluid dynamics.

We've played with this theory with several of our wheels here while spinning on a balancer and can't get them to go out of balance while pouring water into lip channels. It simply can't happen.

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 08-17-2005, 03:28 PM
most wheels dont have the extra groove in the inside lip...only certain models and brands and check the post even other members have expereinced this problem....thanks for the input as well.....Ted

Old 08-17-2005, 04:34 PM
GreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by damon@tirerack
Water is fluid, it will distribute itself evenly out over the surface of a wheel indention, not collect in one spot. How can water collect in one spot while rotating? It can't. This is basic fluid dynamics.

We've played with this theory with several of our wheels here while spinning on a balancer and can't get them to go out of balance while pouring water into lip channels. It simply can't happen.
However......I have found from experience that 'hard water' can actually produce incredible vibration

Old 08-17-2005, 11:51 PM
emack is infamous around these parts

Here you go......no problems here at all!

Attached Images  
Old 08-17-2005, 11:53 PM

Close Up!

Attached Images  
Old 08-17-2005, 11:57 PM

Final One!

Attached Images  
Old 08-18-2005, 02:22 AM
no picks here......

Old 08-18-2005, 02:27 AM
sorry...ok now i see them....are those 18's or 19's? i have the same car and colour....thanks this is the most helpful for me as these are the exzct wheels i may purchase.....Ted

Old 08-18-2005, 02:28 AM
car looks lowered....is it? if so what do you put on it? thanks Ted

Old 08-18-2005, 02:41 AM
Wink Champion Wheels Vibration In Rain Because Of Groove On The Inside Lip

They are 18". I originally purchased them for the track, but loved them so much, I left them on for daily driving! I've heard that 19" don't handle that well on a 996?! The Champions will transform the handling of your car. Ther unsprung weight reduction lightens the steering and improves both feel and handling. The car has been lowered and is running PSS9's. In addition, it has GT3 control arms at the front to increase the amount of camber adjustment available (better turn in), GT3 sway bar at the rear, Carbon Fibre strut brace at the front, Turbo brakes, Fabspeed exhaust, EVO intake...........and it is one sweet ride.....its even better at the track, and even with the additional weight of the convertible, cleans up the coupes and all but one 997S, which I'm working on solving ......now where's that Evolution Motorsports number for that supercharger............

Old 08-18-2005, 03:23 AM
ok now i am confused....i had my heart set on 19's in iforged....than i saw these....how much did you pay for them...can you PM me this...it would help me make up my mind....also thinking of the michelin pilots

Old 08-18-2005, 03:29 AM
ok now i am confused....i had my heart set on 19's in iforged....than i saw these....how much did you pay for them...can you PM me this...it would help me make up my mind....also thinking of the michelin pilots

Old 08-18-2005, 03:45 AM

I'm in Oz, so my buy price won't help you, but I know for a fact that the iForged wheels are substantially heavier than the Champions. I E-mailed iForged and they advised that they are introducing a lighweight one piece forged range to compete with Champions in November 05.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Champion Wheels Vibration In Rain Because Of Groove On The Inside Lip