996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Installed Fabspeed SuperCups - My review

Old 07-12-2014, 04:57 PM
lowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud of
Installed Fabspeed SuperCups - My review

Well couple of weeks ago I decided to take my mild Gtek mufflers out which were a bit more aggressive than stock and put in Fabspeed Super cups that I got on one of these forums. I Just wanted more sound but more importantly, since the car was becoming a track only car, I wanted less weight in the a$$. So the saving about 26 lbs over stock. I also have HJS 200 cell cats. Pic is attached. So here is the summary: On the drive down to the track, its about 80 miles. I had drone somewhere between 2000 and 3000 RPM. It was really frustrating and The whole way down I am thinking I am going to go back to my previous mufflers. I completely changed how I was driving and never got our of 5th gear for fear of getting in the droning range. Not good. But then, it was time to hit the track. My opinion changed fast. The Super Cups sounded awesome, inside the car and outside the car. Since I am almost always between 4000 and 7000 RPM on the track, drone was non existent. Even got comments from my buddies that other than a custom exhaust on a GT3 at the track, this was the best sounding NA 996 they ever heard. With my new frame of my mind the drive home was fine. Playing with the gears was not a big deal and after all, this is a track car. Since I have other cars for the street, I am keeping these super cups on the car. Bottom line though: Super Cups are great sounding and lightweight, But if you do a lot of street driving I would consider some other fabspeed product. Wish there was a way to add a sound file so you can hear.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20140629_002.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	420.0 KB
ID:	396055  

Last edited by lowpue; 07-13-2014 at 03:58 PM.
Old 07-13-2014, 08:06 AM
geetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant future
I'm glad you're enjoying it....I have had x51 headers/200 cell/supercups....and daily drove 140 miles 3-4x/week

Old 07-13-2014, 02:57 PM
bernard.barbour will become famous soon enoughbernard.barbour will become famous soon enough
Thanks for taking the time for this detailed report. Cheers

Old 07-13-2014, 04:02 PM
lowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud of
Thanks for selling them to me geetee...what did you end up getting to replace your car?

Did you really drive that distance daily....did you not have drone?

Old 07-13-2014, 06:01 PM
geetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant future
I'm still looking for a replacement...not sure what to get

If I remember correctly, the x51 headers changed the tone and reduced the drone a little also. I did have a little drone 2600-2700. My commute was about 80% highway and our speed limits high enough where I was always above 3000 so it was no drone crusing